Obama has Bombed 7 Muslim Countries…and 0 Christian Ones
For those keeping score, the Democratic administration of President Barack Obama has now attacked seven countries, all of them predominately Muslim, during six years in office.
Syria became the seventh to be hit with U.S. bombs and missiles after Obama ordered a series of strikes against the Islamic State and the Khorasan Group.
The Syrian mission comes with the blessing and support of the leadership of five allied Muslim dictatorships (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Jordan), which provides Obama with political cover to demonstrate the attacks are not strictly Christians vs. Islam. Despite that, since Obama—winner of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize—has become president, the U.S. military has bombed Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya, Iraq and now Syria, all predominately Muslim.
Glenn Greenwald of The Intercept points out that it was only a year ago that Obama was talking about bombing Syria’s military, led by dictator Bashar al-Assad, whose regime has been accused of human rights abuses, including the use of chemical weapons.
“Instead, Obama is now bombing Assad’s enemies while politely informing his regime of its targets in advance. It seems irrelevant on whom the U.S. wages war; what matters is that it be at war, always and forever,” Greenwald wrote.
To Learn More:
Syria Becomes the 7th Predominantly Muslim Country Bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate (by Glenn Greenwald, The Intercept)
Pentagon Confirms First Predator Drone Strike in Libya (by Martha Raddatz and Kirit Radia, ABC News)
Obama Fourth President in a Row to Go on Prime-Time TV to Announce Bombing of Iraq (by Steve Straehley, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Executive Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Who Is Melissa Rogers?
- Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint: Who Is Rhett Jeppson?
- Coordinator of the Bureau of International Information Programs: Who is Macon Phillips?
- Acting Under Secretary of the Veterans Benefits Administration: Who Is Tom Murphy?
- Director of the American Institute in Taiwan: Who is Kin Moy?