West Point Hosts First Male Gay Wedding
A leading U.S. military academy hosted its first-ever gay marriage between two men, both former cadets, last weekend.
Larry Choate III and Daniel Lennox got married in the chapel at West Point, marking the third homosexual wedding at the famed military school. The previous two same-sex marriages involved women.
An ordained minister in the United Church of Christ, Chaplain Cynthia Lindenmeyer, presided over the ceremony.
Choate, who graduated in 2009, and Lennox, a member of the 2007 class, met after they left the academy. Both are now out of the military.
Prior to the ceremony, Choate told the Associated Press that their marriage represented “maybe one more barrier that’s pushed over a little bit, or maybe one more glass ceiling that’s shattered that makes it easier for the next couple.”
To Learn More:
West Point Hosts First-Ever Male Same-Sex Wedding in Military Academy’s History (by Billy Hallowell, The Blaze)
West Point Hosted its First Male Same-Sex Wedding (by Abby Ohleiser, Atlantic Wire)
Army Wives Group Denies Membership to Lesbian Wife (by Matt Bewig, AllGov)
Navy Chaplains to Perform Same-Sex Marriages…Or Not (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Managing Director of the Council on Environmental Quality: Who Is Christy Goldfuss?
- Executive Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Who Is Melissa Rogers?
- Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint: Who Is Rhett Jeppson?
- Coordinator of the Bureau of International Information Programs: Who is Macon Phillips?
- Acting Under Secretary of the Veterans Benefits Administration: Who Is Tom Murphy?