Army Imprisons Iraq Vet for Hip Hop Song
Specialist Marc Hall, aka hip hop artist Marc Watercus, was looking forward to the end of his U.S. Army service in February and never going back to Iraq, when commanders decided to “stop-loss” him—the policy that allows military officials to keep soldiers longer than their service contracts state. Frustrated by the Army’s decision, Hall recorded—and mailed to his superiors—a song protesting the stop-loss policy, which has forced thousands of troops to serve extra time in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Government Asks Judge to Toss NSA Surveillance Lawsuits
- Flint Official Warned Against Water Switch
- Federal Elections Official Sued Over Voter Registration Restrictions
- Utah Taking Legal Action Against EPA Over Mine Waste Spill
- Bacteria Found in Home Change With Urbanization