Footballs Allowed Inside Republican Convention…but not Baseballs (or Fruit)
Once the Republican National Convention got underway this week in Tampa, Florida, delegates were apprised of a comprehensive list of items not allowed inside the event.
Some banned items came as no surprise: guns, knives, explosives.
But so were baseballs, fresh whole fruit, bottled water, flashlights and disposable coffee cups.
Footballs, however, are fair game to be tossed around on the convention floor.
To Learn More:
Republican National Convention Prohibited Items (Tampa Bay Times)
Secret Service Decrees: No Baseballs, Bananas at the Convention (by Naureen Khan, National Journal)
Republican Convention Protest Zone: Squirt Guns Forbidden, Real Guns Allowed (by Noel Brinkerhoff and David Wallechinsky, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- New Rule Allows U.S. Military to Act without President’s Authorization
- House Republicans Vote to Allow Private Employers to Replace Overtime Pay with Time Off
- Koch Brothers Use Detroit as a Dumping Ground
- Security Experts Warn that FBI Wiretapping of Internet Could Backfire
- Secretary of Commerce: Who Is Penny Pritzker?