Does the Obama Administration Need a Lesson in Afghan History?
Sometimes it pays to study a bit of history before sending troops to a foreign land. The Bush administration learned this the hard way when they invaded Iraq without taking into account the fact that Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq had been in conflict since before Saddam Hussein was even born. Now it is the turn of the Obama administration to ignore history at its peril as it prepares to send more troops to Afghanistan, while calling upon the leaders of that country and Pakistan to do a better job of controlling their common border.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Executive Director of the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness: Who Is Matthew Doherty?
- Co-Chair of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board: Who is Shirley Ann Jackson?
- Managing Director of the Council on Environmental Quality: Who Is Christy Goldfuss?
- Executive Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Who Is Melissa Rogers?
- Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint: Who Is Rhett Jeppson?