Does the Obama Administration Need a Lesson in Afghan History?
Sometimes it pays to study a bit of history before sending troops to a foreign land. The Bush administration learned this the hard way when they invaded Iraq without taking into account the fact that Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq had been in conflict since before Saddam Hussein was even born. Now it is the turn of the Obama administration to ignore history at its peril as it prepares to send more troops to Afghanistan, while calling upon the leaders of that country and Pakistan to do a better job of controlling their common border.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Registered Drone Operators Outnumber Registered Planes in U.S.
- It’s Not Just Flint: Water Supplies in many U.S. Cities are Contaminated by Lead
- NSA to Merge Offensive and Defensive Hacking Operations, Counter to Advice of Presidential Panel
- Republican Lawmakers Take Heat for Rejecting Obama’s Final Budget Sight Unseen
- 8 States See Big Drop in Number of People without Health Insurance