Does the Obama Administration Need a Lesson in Afghan History?
Sometimes it pays to study a bit of history before sending troops to a foreign land. The Bush administration learned this the hard way when they invaded Iraq without taking into account the fact that Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq had been in conflict since before Saddam Hussein was even born. Now it is the turn of the Obama administration to ignore history at its peril as it prepares to send more troops to Afghanistan, while calling upon the leaders of that country and Pakistan to do a better job of controlling their common border.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama has Averaged more than One Fundraiser a Week Since he became President
- Philadelphia Mayor Nutter Orders Police and Prisons to Limit Cooperation with Federal Immigration Agents
- In first Challenge to Consumer Complaint Database, Court Orders Release of Company’s Name
- First Trial of a Non-Native American in a Tribal Court
- Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: Who Is Leon Rodriguez?