Does the Obama Administration Need a Lesson in Afghan History?
Sometimes it pays to study a bit of history before sending troops to a foreign land. The Bush administration learned this the hard way when they invaded Iraq without taking into account the fact that Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq had been in conflict since before Saddam Hussein was even born. Now it is the turn of the Obama administration to ignore history at its peril as it prepares to send more troops to Afghanistan, while calling upon the leaders of that country and Pakistan to do a better job of controlling their common border.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Reserve Gives Yet another Gift to Big Banks
- Oklahoma and Nebraska Sue Colorado for Legalizing Marijuana
- CIA Decides that the CIA Hacking into Members of Congress is not a Punishable Offense
- Executions in U.S. Drop to 20-Year Low
- Ambassador to the United States from Paraguay: Who Is Igor Pangrazio?