Create a Non-Military Draft: William L. Hauser and Jerome Slater
Military veterans William Hauser and Jerome Slater want to bring back the draft—the likes of which America has never experienced. Hauser, a retired Army colonel and Vietnam veteran, and Slater, professor emeritus of political science at SUNY Buffalo and former naval officer, argue the war against terrorism is going to be a long one, and the military today just isn’t large enough to meet the security needs of the country.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fracking Industry Wins Weak Ingredient Disclosure Rule
- Widely Used Polygraph Test Proves Faulty
- Study Demonstrates Election Official Bias against Latinos
- Since Killing 13, Fort Hood Shooter Has Earned $278,000 in Salary as Army Psychiatrist
- Tightened Arizona Border Security Pushes Migrants to Dangerous Routes, More Deaths