Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board: Who is Peter Winokur?
With 40 years of experience as a scientist and engineer in the field of radiation effects science, technology, and hardness assurance in support of military and space systems, Peter S. Winokur took over the chairmanship of the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board, which monitors health and safety at nuclear facilities, on March 19, 2010, after spending the previous three and a half years as a board member.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Government Contractors Pay Rate Increased by $190,000 to $950,000 a Year; Federal Employees get 1% Raise
- Almost 1 in 3 Victims of Mass Killings are Younger than 18
- Utah Becomes the State of Choice for Gun Permits
- U.S. Law Enforcement Intercepted Cell Phone Tower Data 9,000 Times in One Year
- Japanese Government Shoves through U.S.-Friendly Secrecy Law