Ambassador to Serbia: Who Is Mary Burce Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Serbia enjoys an unusually close relationship to the U.S. ambassador to neighboring Bulgaria, not because of any quesstionable dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. Mary Burce Warlick, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed by the Senate as the nation’s ambassador in Belgrade on December 24, 2009, the same day her husband, James B. Warlick, was confirmed to be the ambassador to Bulgaria. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- International Aid Group Blasts Pentagon for Shifting Stand on Afghan Hospital Air Assault
- As Always, U.S. Wastes Billions Funding Failed Foreign Military Forces
- School Books to Get Rewrite after Outcry over Slavery Whitewash
- Most of $20.8 Billion BP Penalty Is Tax Deductible as a Cost of Doing Business
- Federal Judge Rules “National Security” is too Vague to Justify Hiding Documents in Immigration Case