Ambassador to Serbia: Who Is Mary Burce Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Serbia enjoys an unusually close relationship to the U.S. ambassador to neighboring Bulgaria, not because of any quesstionable dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. Mary Burce Warlick, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed by the Senate as the nation’s ambassador in Belgrade on December 24, 2009, the same day her husband, James B. Warlick, was confirmed to be the ambassador to Bulgaria. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Most Women with Private Health Insurance no Longer have to Pay for Contraception
- Florida Sheriffs Used SWAT-Style Attack to Enforce Barbershop License
- Texas Appeals Court Dismisses Law Banning Upskirt and Downblouse Photographing in Public Places
- Inspector General of the Department of Defense: Who Is Jon Rymer?
- Director of Defense Media Activity: Who Is Ray B. Shepherd?