Ambassador to Serbia: Who Is Mary Burce Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Serbia enjoys an unusually close relationship to the U.S. ambassador to neighboring Bulgaria, not because of any quesstionable dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. Mary Burce Warlick, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed by the Senate as the nation’s ambassador in Belgrade on December 24, 2009, the same day her husband, James B. Warlick, was confirmed to be the ambassador to Bulgaria. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Lets U.S. Companies Arm another Dictatorship
- National Intelligence Director Clapper Suspected of Creating New Obstacle to Release of Censored Pages from 9/11 Report
- Rate of Adult Smokers in U.S. Takes Biggest Plunge in 20 Years
- Chicago Police Use of Computer-Predictions of Shooters and Victims Prompts Civil Liberties Concerns
- Troubled TSA Seen as Making Superficial Fix in Replacement of Controversial Security Chief