Ambassador to Serbia: Who Is Mary Burce Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Serbia enjoys an unusually close relationship to the U.S. ambassador to neighboring Bulgaria, not because of any quesstionable dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. Mary Burce Warlick, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed by the Senate as the nation’s ambassador in Belgrade on December 24, 2009, the same day her husband, James B. Warlick, was confirmed to be the ambassador to Bulgaria. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- The Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. is … Medical Error
- U.S. Government Pays $48 Million to Resettle First American “Climate Change Refugees”
- Wall Street Stock Loan Schemes Take Billions from Taxpayers in Germany and 20 Other Nations
- Widespread Damage Done to Florida’s Treasured Coral Reef by Dredging of Miami Port for Freighters
- Georgia Bill Allowing Guns on Campus Throws Governor into Second Hot-Button Controversy