Ambassador to Serbia: Who Is Mary Burce Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Serbia enjoys an unusually close relationship to the U.S. ambassador to neighboring Bulgaria, not because of any quesstionable dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. Mary Burce Warlick, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed by the Senate as the nation’s ambassador in Belgrade on December 24, 2009, the same day her husband, James B. Warlick, was confirmed to be the ambassador to Bulgaria. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Ex-Nazis Still Receiving Social Security Benefits
- If the Draft Ended 41 Years Ago, Why are Young Men Still Punished for not Registering?
- Interior Dept. Inspector General Closed 457 Investigations Last Year, but Released only 3 to the Public
- California County Tried to Seize Marijuana Plants without Warrant because Growing them Wasted Water
- Hottest September Since Recordkeeping began in 1880