Obama Staff Salaries 15% Higher Than Bush Staffers
Even though President Barack Obama followed through with his pledge to freeze the salaries of White House staffers making more than $100,000, Team Obama is making 15% more than what George W. Bush’s crew made in 2008. An analysis by National Journal’s Hotline on Call revealed that Obama although did indeed freeze the top salaries, he also has more people working for him than Bush. The salary information was posted on the White House website, a first for any administration.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Veterans Sue South Carolina over Segregated Memorials in Honor of Soldiers Killed in World Wars
- Three-Quarters of People with Hepatitis C were Born between 1945 and 1965
- Tens of Thousands of Federal Employees in 13 Cities to Receive Pay Raises Next Year
- Only 1 of 6 Americans Sentenced to Death are Actually Executed
- Pigeon Detained in India as Possible Spy