Obama Staff Salaries 15% Higher Than Bush Staffers
Even though President Barack Obama followed through with his pledge to freeze the salaries of White House staffers making more than $100,000, Team Obama is making 15% more than what George W. Bush’s crew made in 2008. An analysis by National Journal’s Hotline on Call revealed that Obama although did indeed freeze the top salaries, he also has more people working for him than Bush. The salary information was posted on the White House website, a first for any administration.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fear of Violence at Polls on Election Day Causes Cancellation of Classes in Schools across Nation
- Civil Rights Groups Sue FBI and Homeland Security for Records on Black Lives Surveillance
- Federal Judge Denies Former Guantánamo Detainee’s Request for U.S. Statement of His Innocence
- AARP Lawsuit Claims U.S. Wellness Programs Violate Employee Health Privacy
- Oklahoma’s Third Largest Earthquake Likely Caused by Wastewater Disposal