FBI Raids Murtha-Friendly Defense Contractor
Agents from the FBI, the IRS and the Defense Criminal Investigative Service raided the Windber, Pennsylvania, offices of Kuchera Industries and Kuchera Defense Systems. The Kuchera companies received $8.2 million in defense earmark contracts in 2008. Over the past decade, Kuchera and its employees have contributed $56,000 to the campaigns of 35-year Congressional veteran Rep. John Murtha (D-PA).
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Only Country of 47 to Vote against Investigating Possible Human Rights Violations during Israeli Occupation of Gaza
- European Union Court Slams Poland for Helping U.S. Torture Program
- Ominous Drying Up of Groundwater that Supplies Nine States
- Missouri Voters will Decide if Phone and Email Privacy Should be Added to State Constitution
- U.S. Ambassador to Honduras: Who Is James Nealon?