FBI Raids Murtha-Friendly Defense Contractor
Agents from the FBI, the IRS and the Defense Criminal Investigative Service raided the Windber, Pennsylvania, offices of Kuchera Industries and Kuchera Defense Systems. The Kuchera companies received $8.2 million in defense earmark contracts in 2008. Over the past decade, Kuchera and its employees have contributed $56,000 to the campaigns of 35-year Congressional veteran Rep. John Murtha (D-PA).
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- If Terrorist Attacks are on the Rise, What Does that Say about the 13-Year-Old “War on Terror”?
- FBI Claims it Doesn’t Have to Share Records with Justice Dept. Inspector General
- After 8 Years of Delay, EPA Finally Agrees to Test Dangers of Monsanto’s Favorite Pesticide
- Manufacturers Press Congress to Halt Regulation of Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles
- Washington State Supreme Court Rules that Swearing at the Police is not a Crime