FBI Raids Murtha-Friendly Defense Contractor
Agents from the FBI, the IRS and the Defense Criminal Investigative Service raided the Windber, Pennsylvania, offices of Kuchera Industries and Kuchera Defense Systems. The Kuchera companies received $8.2 million in defense earmark contracts in 2008. Over the past decade, Kuchera and its employees have contributed $56,000 to the campaigns of 35-year Congressional veteran Rep. John Murtha (D-PA).
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Judge Approves Class Action Case against Ford and IBM for Helping South African Apartheid
- Domestic Violence Rate Plunges
- Two Prisoners in Mississippi County Still Awaiting Trial after 6 and 7 Years
- Director of the Bureau of Land Management: Who Is Neil Kornze?
- Director of the U.S. Geological Survey: Who Is Suzette Kimball?