FBI Raids Murtha-Friendly Defense Contractor
Agents from the FBI, the IRS and the Defense Criminal Investigative Service raided the Windber, Pennsylvania, offices of Kuchera Industries and Kuchera Defense Systems. The Kuchera companies received $8.2 million in defense earmark contracts in 2008. Over the past decade, Kuchera and its employees have contributed $56,000 to the campaigns of 35-year Congressional veteran Rep. John Murtha (D-PA).
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump’s Call for Russia to Interfere in U.S. Election on His Behalf Alarms Foreign Policy Experts
- Stem Cell Clinics, Spreading Across U.S., Circumvent Laws to Provide Americans with Unproven Disease Treatments
- First Time in 40 Years, U.S. Regulators Propose Clampdown on Debt Collector Abuses
- Traffic Deaths Up 30% in Cities that Turned Off Red-Light Cameras at Traffic Signal Intersections
- After 5-Year Battle, EPA Approves New Rules to Regulate Deadly Formaldehyde