FBI Raids Murtha-Friendly Defense Contractor
Agents from the FBI, the IRS and the Defense Criminal Investigative Service raided the Windber, Pennsylvania, offices of Kuchera Industries and Kuchera Defense Systems. The Kuchera companies received $8.2 million in defense earmark contracts in 2008. Over the past decade, Kuchera and its employees have contributed $56,000 to the campaigns of 35-year Congressional veteran Rep. John Murtha (D-PA).
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Fourth President in a Row to Go on Prime-Time TV to Announce Bombing of Iraq
- Why Did Obama Refer to Anti-Terror Campaigns in Somalia and Yemen as Successes?
- Saving and Loan Scandal of ’80s and ’90s: 102 High-Level Executives Convicted; 2008 Financial Crisis Scandal: 1
- Minnesota Vikings Lead NFL in Player Arrests
- Acting Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency: Who Is David Shedd?