U.S. Leads Developed World…in Income Inequality
When determining how wealthy a country is, there’s more to it than simply measuring the size of its economy. A nation can have an enormous gross domestic product (GDP), which is used to classify the top developed states in the world, but if much of the economic wealth is concentrated in a few hands, leaving the rest of the population struggling, is it fair to say the country is truly rich?
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 9 American Insiders Who Opposed Bush Torture Program
- Sen. Coburn Blocks Funding for Veterans Suicide Prevention Web Site
- Social Security Administration Still Collecting Debts from Children of Overpaid Recipients Despite Promising to Stop
- Nominee for U.S. Ambassador to Norway Gives Up; Who Was George Tsunis?
- Lax Oversight of Americans Lobbying for Foreign Governments