Academy Awards 2012—Foreign Language Films
I saw 50 of the 63 films entered in the Best Foreign Language Film category and I am happy to report that this was an exceptionally good year. If there was no single masterpiece that stood out, there were a couple dozen good films that I would recommend for film fans of various tastes. My two favorite entries did not make it to the list of nominees, but I’m not upset because the five that did qualify are all worthy choices. Here are my comments on the five nominees, as well a handful of non-nominees that stood out for me.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- As the Arctic Warms, Why is U.S. Falling behind Russia?
- Majority of Latinos Don’t Vote
- Many Fire Departments Spend more Time Tending to Homeless than Fighting Fires
- Workers at Nuclear Weapons Plant Vote to Strike
- Two-Thirds of Mass Shootings Take Place in Private Residences, not in Public