Top 10 Suggestions from American People to President Obama
The American people have spoken. As President Barack Obama’s transition team wrapped things up before he officially took office in January, staffers compiled a list of the most pressing issues facing the country, based on feedback from the populace. Compiled in the “Citizen’s Briefing Book,” thousands of ideas were offered to President Obama through his website, change.gov. Approximately 125,000 people submitted more than 44,000 ideas, which were then voted on by visitors to the website. After tallying the 1.4 million votes cast, the Obama team listed the major vote-getters, 60 in all, which were awarded 10 points for every positive vote received.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- New Rule Allows U.S. Military to Act without President’s Authorization
- House Republicans Vote to Allow Private Employers to Replace Overtime Pay with Time Off
- Koch Brothers Use Detroit as a Dumping Ground
- Security Experts Warn that FBI Wiretapping of Internet Could Backfire
- Secretary of Commerce: Who Is Penny Pritzker?