Married Women Who Take Husband’s Name Lose $1,162 a Month in Salary
Taking a husband’s name comes at a price for married women. Dutch researchers have determined wives who change their name can wind up making less money—$1,162 a month—because of cultural perceptions in comparison to women who keep their pre-marriage name. That comes to more than $488,000 over a lifetime of work.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Scientists Denying Human-Caused Climate Change Fade from Existence…Except in the Media
- How the Obama Administration Charged 3 Pacifists with Violent Acts of Sabotage
- Worst Overcharging Hospital in U.S.
- Attorney Argues Georgia Should Ignore Federal Judge in California Because State Has Gay Marriage
- United States Trade Representative: Who Is Michael Froman?