Illinois Newspaper Misidentified Man as Insane Murderer…Three Times
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Keith Grinston is suing the Belleville News Democrat for misidentifying him—not once, not twice, but three times—as a man who stabbed his wife to death but was found not guilty by reason of insanity. The confusion involved the newspaper publishing a story about the real culprit, John Grinston, but using a photo of Keith, whose defamation lawsuit is directed at the News Democrat and its corporate parent, The McClatchy Co. Grinston—Keith, that is—is asking for $50,000 in compensation.
Third Time You're Out, Man Tells Newspaper (by Joe Harris, Courthouse News Service)
Keith Grinston v. Belleville News Democrat (20th Judicial Circuit Court, St. Clair County, Illinois) (pdf)
Man Who Stabbed Wife to Death Being Held on New Allegations (by Beth Hundsdorfer, Belleville News-Democrat)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Secret Surveillance of Americans’ Mail Revealed to be Widespread with Lax Oversight
- MIT Releases Groundbreaking Report on Sexual Assaults on Its Campus
- Toxic Pesticides Banned in Other Countries Continue to be used in U.S.
- Outside Groups Pour $120 per Voter into Alaska Election…So Far
- In Wake of Snowden, FBI Investigates “Second Leaker” Working for U.S. Fed Contractor