5-Year-Old Future Cop Turns in Dad for Running Red Light
By Associated Press
QUINCY, Mass. (AP) — A 5-year-old Massachusetts boy may have a future in law enforcement.
The boy tells a dispatcher: "Daddy went through a red light." He then describes the vehicle and says it was "in the brand-new car, my mummy's car." He doesn't identify himself.
When the dispatcher asks the boy what happened next, he says they went to the car wash.
Without missing a beat, the dispatcher asks to speak to the boy's father, who gets on the line and says, "Oh, no."
The dad then apologizes for the boy's call.
The dispatcher and the dad share a laugh before the dispatcher lets the dad off the hook.
To Learn More:
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Secretary of Defense: Who Is James Mattis?
- Director, Office of Infrastructure Protection: Who Is Caitlin Durkovich?
- Director of the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office: Who Is L. Wayne Brasure?
- Delegated Director, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Who Is Kana Enomoto?
- For Donald Trump, the Honeymoon was Over Before It Even Began