Obama Orders Hospital Visitation Rights for Gay Partners, Friends of Widows
Described as a change long overdue by gay rights activists, hospitals will soon have to allow visitation rights to homosexual partners, under orders from President Barack Obama. The new rule will be enforced through the federal government’s Medicare and Medicaid programs, which most hospitals participate in. If hospitals don’t comply with the visitation mandate, they will risk eligibility in the federal healthcare programs.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Security Company Seeks Dismissal of Abu Ghraib Torture Charges because Victims were not Allowed to Leave Iraq
- 5 Biggest Banks Gain another Victory in Control of $700 Trillion Derivatives Market
- Is Living in the United States Bad for Your Health?
- Is FBI Running out of Time to Solve Civil Rights Era Cold Cases?
- Alabama City Told Traffic Camera Violators to Appeal to Non-Existent Court