House Bill Authorizes $4 Trillion for Next Bailout, but Tells Congress to Shut Up
Legislation intended to reform Wall Street and protect consumers is currently waddling along in the House of Representatives, moving as best a 1,200-page document can. Bloomberg columnist David Reilly decided to read all of HR 4173 (the “Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act”) and found plenty of “gristle” among its provisions that could make any taxpayer ill.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fracking Industry Wins Weak Ingredient Disclosure Rule
- Widely Used Polygraph Test Proves Faulty
- Study Demonstrates Election Official Bias against Latinos
- Since Killing 13, Fort Hood Shooter Has Earned $278,000 in Salary as Army Psychiatrist
- Tightened Arizona Border Security Pushes Migrants to Dangerous Routes, More Deaths