House Bill Authorizes $4 Trillion for Next Bailout, but Tells Congress to Shut Up
Legislation intended to reform Wall Street and protect consumers is currently waddling along in the House of Representatives, moving as best a 1,200-page document can. Bloomberg columnist David Reilly decided to read all of HR 4173 (the “Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act”) and found plenty of “gristle” among its provisions that could make any taxpayer ill.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- FCC Puts U.S. Cell Phone Routing System in Hands of European Firm despite Security Warnings
- EPA Targets Airplane Emissions
- Former Tennessee Dam Workers Claim Toxic Coal Ash Caused Illnesses
- Guantánamo Judge Accused of Secretly Allowing Destruction of CIA “Black Site” Prison Evidence
- Republican and Democratic Lawmakers Speak in Different Languages