House Bill Authorizes $4 Trillion for Next Bailout, but Tells Congress to Shut Up
Legislation intended to reform Wall Street and protect consumers is currently waddling along in the House of Representatives, moving as best a 1,200-page document can. Bloomberg columnist David Reilly decided to read all of HR 4173 (the “Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act”) and found plenty of “gristle” among its provisions that could make any taxpayer ill.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Veterans Sue South Carolina over Segregated Memorials in Honor of Soldiers Killed in World Wars
- Three-Quarters of People with Hepatitis C were Born between 1945 and 1965
- Tens of Thousands of Federal Employees in 13 Cities to Receive Pay Raises Next Year
- Only 1 of 6 Americans Sentenced to Death are Actually Executed
- Pigeon Detained in India as Possible Spy