House Bill Authorizes $4 Trillion for Next Bailout, but Tells Congress to Shut Up
Legislation intended to reform Wall Street and protect consumers is currently waddling along in the House of Representatives, moving as best a 1,200-page document can. Bloomberg columnist David Reilly decided to read all of HR 4173 (the “Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act”) and found plenty of “gristle” among its provisions that could make any taxpayer ill.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Another Way for Corporations to Avoid Paying Taxes
- Computers are Drivers, Says NHTSA in Boost to Self-Driving Auto Industry
- Supreme Court Hits Brakes on Obama’s Clean Power Plan
- After 15 Years, EPA Approves Cleanup Plan for Town Contaminated by Asbestos
- Battle Heats Up Over Encryption-Protected Smartphone Data