House Bill Authorizes $4 Trillion for Next Bailout, but Tells Congress to Shut Up
Legislation intended to reform Wall Street and protect consumers is currently waddling along in the House of Representatives, moving as best a 1,200-page document can. Bloomberg columnist David Reilly decided to read all of HR 4173 (the “Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act”) and found plenty of “gristle” among its provisions that could make any taxpayer ill.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Air Force Adds Civilian Contractors to Drone “Kill Chain”
- Lax Government Oversight behind Use of Deadly Banned Pesticide in U.S. Territories
- U.S. Watchdog Investigations Imperiled by Obama Fixation on Government Secrecy
- Humans Mold Animals at Will: Gene Editing Hits Full Throttle
- National Institutes of Health Orders Halt to Use of Chimpanzees in Biomedical Research