House Bill Authorizes $4 Trillion for Next Bailout, but Tells Congress to Shut Up
Legislation intended to reform Wall Street and protect consumers is currently waddling along in the House of Representatives, moving as best a 1,200-page document can. Bloomberg columnist David Reilly decided to read all of HR 4173 (the “Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act”) and found plenty of “gristle” among its provisions that could make any taxpayer ill.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Administration Sides with Hunters over Protection of Gray Wolves
- Cleveland Mayor Forced to Apologize for Claiming 12-Year-Old Shot by Police Was Responsible for his own Death
- Immigration Officials Move to Deport 150 Bosnian Serbs Accused of War Crimes
- Independents Outnumber Both Democrats and Republicans in 44 of 50 States
- Female Guards once again Allowed to Touch Guantánamo Prisoners