Wrongful Death Lawsuit against Wells Fargo in Wrongful Foreclosure Case
Disabled veteran Larry Delassus of Hermosa Beach, California, died in court last December while opposing the wrongful foreclosure of his condominium, which he had purchased 17 years earlier, prompting those close to him to sue the bank.
The wrongful death lawsuit says Wells Fargo was at fault not only for Delassus losing his home, but also for causing the stress that contributed to his death.
Wells Fargo placed Delassus into default after the bank incorrectly charged him for back property taxes, which it turned out was really owed by his neighbor, not Delassus.
Even after Delassus pointed out the mistake, which Wells Fargo acknowledged, the bank refused to correct the situation or help him bring his account current, resulting in the condo being seized and sold off.
Delassus, 62, suffered from a rare liver disorder called Budd-Chiari Syndrome. He appeared in court for a December hearing, during which he collapsed and died from cardiac arrest within minutes.
The administrator of his estate has sued Wells Fargo, Wachovia Bank, First American Corp. and others in Superior Court, for wrongful death, elder abuse, breach of contract and other charges.
To Learn More:
Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed over Hermosa Beach Foreclosure Victim (by Ed Pilolla, Easy Reader)
Wells Fargo Blamed for Death by Foreclosure (by Matt Reynolds, Courthouse News Service)
Wells Fargo Typo Victim Lost His Condo and then His Life in Court (by Ken Broder, AllGov)
Wells Fargo Typo Victim Dies in Court (by Jessica Ogilvie, LA Weekly)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump to Take Office with Enormous Power to Shape Future U.S. Policy on Voting
- Online Hate Sites Surge during Month since Election
- Canadian Journalist’s Detention at U.S. Border Raises Press Freedom Alarms
- Hillary May Have Lost Election, But She Beats Trump as Primary Target of GOP Oversight Chairman’s Ongoing Investigations
- Jordan’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Dina Kawar?