Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Because Homeland Security Allows Chemical Plants to Self-Report Toxic Releases, 44% are Wrong
- 700,000 U.S. Seniors Owe $18 Billion in Student Debt; Fed Taps Retirees’ Social Security Checks
- Prosecutions of White-Collar Crimes Drop to Lowest in at Least 20 Years
- As Economy Improves, Army has Trouble Meeting Recruiting Goals…and so Does FBI
- Bureau of Prisons Agrees to Recognize Humanism as a Religion, Darwin Day as a Holiday