Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Hedge Funds do not Make Good Landlords
- Nuclear Waste Company Received $1.9 Million Performance Bonus…5 Days after Underground Fire Shut Facility
- Corporate Tax Evasion Strategy Debated in Senate
- U.S. Pork Producers Keep Using Drug Banned or Restricted in 160 Countries
- If You Ask for a Public Defender in One Texas County, You Get a Sheriff’s Detective Instead