Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Is it Time to Eliminate the National Technical Information Service?
- Largest Car Title Loan Company Avoids Interest-Rate Limits by Charging “Fees”
- Manhunt for Fugitive Tuberculosis Patient
- U.S. Ambassador to South Korea: Who Is Mark Lippert?
- U.S. Ambassador to Egypt: Who Is Stephen Beecroft?