Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Government Contractors Pay Rate Increased by $190,000 to $950,000 a Year; Federal Employees get 1% Raise
- Almost 1 in 3 Victims of Mass Killings are Younger than 18
- Utah Becomes the State of Choice for Gun Permits
- U.S. Law Enforcement Intercepted Cell Phone Tower Data 9,000 Times in One Year
- Japanese Government Shoves through U.S.-Friendly Secrecy Law