Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Indiana Gov. Pence Signs Bill Allowing Discrimination against Gays (and also Declares an HIV Emergency)
- Obama and Agriculture Dept. Agree that White Potatoes are Nutritious for Poor People
- Israelis Killed more Palestinians Last Year than in any Year since 1967
- Cold-Blooded Participant in Rwandan Genocide, Caught Lying to Gain U.S. Citizenship, Loses Appeal
- Chair of the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board: Who Is Vanessa Allen Sutherland?