Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Insurance Companies Avoid Patients with HIV/AIDS by Overcharging for Medications
- Breaking News: Oil Really is the Main Reason One Country Interferes in another Country’s Civil War
- Chinese Firm Moves into Louisiana’s “Cancer Alley”
- Director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency: Who Is Robert Cardillo?
- Justice Dept. Agrees to Release Secret Memo Relating to Patriot Act and Census Info