Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Biggest Dark Money Spender in 2014 Elections: U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Burundi, Rwanda and Nicaragua among Nations Ranked Ahead of U.S. on Equality for Women
- Stonewalling in Georgia: As Election Day Nears, Judge Refuses to Force Secretary of State to Process 40,000 Missing Voter Registrations
- Media Credibility Threatened by FBI Falsification of AP News Story to Locate Bomb Suspect
- Fast-Food Workers Earn $20 an Hour plus Benefits…in Denmark. Why Not in U.S.?