Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Resumes Weapons Sales to Bahraini Dictatorship Despite Poor Human Rights Record
- Wrong Phrasing in Jury Instructions Forces Florida to Reopen more than 100 Murder Cases
- Immigration Service Sued after Trying to Deport Legal Immigrant because of its own Bungled Paperwork
- There are now more Spanish Speakers in U.S. than in Spain
- Remote U.S. Research Center Converts to 95% Renewable Energy