Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- South Dakota Drops Study of Early U.S. History as a High School Requirement
- Increased Penalties for Drug Offenses have no Impact on National Drug Use
- 31% of Federal Employees are Veterans
- Katrina and the Flooding of New Orleans: A Preventable Tragedy Caused by Cost Cutting, a Mistaken Test and Lack of External Review
- Tunisia’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Fayçal Gouia?