Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Charlotte No “Queen City” to Low-Income, Minority Residents
- College Republicans Endure Criticism Because of Trump
- Wells Fargo Employees Sue Bank for Being Pressured to Open Unneeded Accounts
- U.S. Pays to Maintain Unused Iranian Real Estate, Including Embassy
- Warming Oceans May Kill Off Baby Lobsters