Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- FCC Puts U.S. Cell Phone Routing System in Hands of European Firm despite Security Warnings
- EPA Targets Airplane Emissions
- Former Tennessee Dam Workers Claim Toxic Coal Ash Caused Illnesses
- Guantánamo Judge Accused of Secretly Allowing Destruction of CIA “Black Site” Prison Evidence
- Republican and Democratic Lawmakers Speak in Different Languages