Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- European Court Cites Privacy Concerns in Blocking Transatlantic Online Data Flow
- Valeant Leads Big Pharma Trend of Skyrocketing Drug Prices
- Virginia Republicans Argue Gerrymandered Districts Should Stay because they are Pro-Republican rather than Racially-Motivated
- Minorities and Unemployed Wait the Longest and Travel the Farthest for Health Care
- Least Satisfied Federal Workers? African Development Foundation and Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board