Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Use of Force by Police Officers Decreased by 8% When Wearing Body Cameras
- First Soda Tax Law in U.S. Leads to 21% Drop in Soda Drinking
- African-American Women Lead Big Increase in Pregnancy-Related Deaths in Texas
- Repeal of Arizona Abortion Law Forcing Doctors to Lie to Patients Leads to Dropping of Lawsuit
- Traffic Fatalities Up By 9% in 2016