Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Chicago Police Accused of Running Secret Interrogation Center
- “What the Drilling Industry has Bought and Paid for in Campaign Contributions they shall Receive.”
- Why is Congress Turning over Public Lands to Foreign Copper Mine Companies?
- Oakland VA Lost Thousands of Veterans Claims, Found Them, and Then Lost Them Again
- Is it Time for Americans who Earn more than $118,500 a Year to Pay more into Social Security?