Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Privacy of No Concern for Ted Cruz Mobile App in Campaign’s Massive Data Mining Operation
- Nation’s Science Teachers Found to Have Poor Grasp of Climate Change
- Flint Has Highest Rate of Vacant Homes in U.S., and Water Crisis May Exacerbate It
- NYPD Used Secretive Cell Phone Tracking Technology 1,000 times since '08
- Florida Legislature Calls for Convention on Congressional Term Limits