Utah Fights to Keep Out Foreign Radioactive Waste
The state of Utah wants nothing to do with 1,600 tons of low-level nuclear waste from Italy that a local U.S. corporation is trying to bury in a landfill. EnergySolutions Inc. has been trying for two years to import the radioactive waste, but Utah officials are fighting the planned disposal in Tooele County.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Orders U.S. Troops in Afghanistan to Keep Fighting for a 14th Year
- Supreme Court to Decide if Violent Threats on Facebook are Free Speech or Criminal Acts
- Goldman Sachs Gets Harsh Words but Open Pockets from Congressional Subcommittees
- Obama Justice Dept. Insists Details of Anti-Iran Campaign are so Secret they won’t Say Why It’s Secret
- Is Volleyball a Threat to Islamic Extremists?