U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice Skipped Key Vote to Appear with Jon Stewart
When the United Nations’ General Assembly voted last Friday on an important war crimes report, the absence of U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice was noticeable. Diplomats and UN observers speculated why Rice was missing from a decision on the Goldstone Report, which discussed alleged atrocities committed by Israel and Hamas. The Obama administration supported the Israeli position and voted against endorsing the report. Yet Obama has also emphasized the need to engage the Arab world, so some observers wondered if he was trying to make a statement by keeping Rice away from the vote.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- First Medical Marijuana Ad Appears on Mainstream TV
- Coal Company to Pay Largest Ever Penalty for Violating Clean Water Act
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Okays Upskirt Photographing
- Crosses on Government Property Stir Controversy
- Video Shows L.A. Gang Members Fighting for Pro-Assad Forces in Syria