U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice Skipped Key Vote to Appear with Jon Stewart
When the United Nations’ General Assembly voted last Friday on an important war crimes report, the absence of U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice was noticeable. Diplomats and UN observers speculated why Rice was missing from a decision on the Goldstone Report, which discussed alleged atrocities committed by Israel and Hamas. The Obama administration supported the Israeli position and voted against endorsing the report. Yet Obama has also emphasized the need to engage the Arab world, so some observers wondered if he was trying to make a statement by keeping Rice away from the vote.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Your Tax Dollars at Work…State Dept. Lobbies Abroad for Monsanto Biotech Seeds
- Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency: Who Is Mel Watt?
- Pacific Islanders Ask U.S. Military to not Use Pagan Island for Target Practice
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit against Wells Fargo in Wrongful Foreclosure Case
- Ambassador from Chad: Who Is Maitine Djoumbe?