Obama Subsidies to Nuclear Power Industry Put Taxpayers at Risk
Nuclear power can’t seem to escape the word “risk” even when new technologies offer promises of safer reactor designs. Because of its reputation as a dangerous source of power, efforts to develop new power plants come with considerable financial risk, forcing the Obama administration to put taxpayers on the line for guaranteeing construction loans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Security Company Seeks Dismissal of Abu Ghraib Torture Charges because Victims were not Allowed to Leave Iraq
- 5 Biggest Banks Gain another Victory in Control of $700 Trillion Derivatives Market
- Is Living in the United States Bad for Your Health?
- Is FBI Running out of Time to Solve Civil Rights Era Cold Cases?
- Alabama City Told Traffic Camera Violators to Appeal to Non-Existent Court