Congressman’s Foundation Has Money for Golf Outings, but Not for Scholarships
Frontier Foundation, established seven years ago by Congressman Steve Buyer (R-Indiana) to award scholarships, has yet to help any students, but it has financed Buyer’s golf game. Buyer’s foundation has collected more than $800,000, while not giving out a single scholarship, and prompting a government watchdog group to ask for an investigation of the congressman’s operation.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Talking-Car Technology Pits Two U.S. Agencies against Each Other
- State Medical Boards’ Failure to Report Sexually Abusive Doctors Keeps Them on the Job
- People’s Identities Collected and Traded like Baseball Cards in Controversial Twitter App Game
- U.S. May Add Speed-Capping Device to Trucks and Buses to Forcibly Slow Them Down
- U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon: Who Is Elizabeth Holzhall Richard?