Congressman’s Foundation Has Money for Golf Outings, but Not for Scholarships
Frontier Foundation, established seven years ago by Congressman Steve Buyer (R-Indiana) to award scholarships, has yet to help any students, but it has financed Buyer’s golf game. Buyer’s foundation has collected more than $800,000, while not giving out a single scholarship, and prompting a government watchdog group to ask for an investigation of the congressman’s operation.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- CEO Pay System at Top U.S. Energy Firms Rewards Execs for Deepening Climate Crisis
- Global Tree Loss Surges—45 Million Acres Gone from the Planet in 2014
- Top Bank Executive Sentenced to 8 Years in Prison for Fraud in TARP Bank Failure Case
- High Levels of Radioactivity Found in Coal Ash at Major U.S. Coal Basins
- Underrepresentation of Minorities in Police Departments is Widespread across U.S.