Will Norman Eisen be the Next Ambassador to Czech Republic?
Although President Barack Obama has not officially nominated an ambassador to the Czech Republic, rumors are heavy in Prague that the post will go to White House ethics lawyer Norman Eisen. Eisen has no diplomatic experience to speak of, but he does have other qualities going for him—including knowing Barack Obama since law school, and raising substantial sums of money for the president’s 2008 campaign.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Battling Obesity in U.S., FDA Approves Sweeping New Rules for Calorie Disclosure
- In Blow to Climate Change Fight, EPA Prepares to End Alternative Fuel Program
- Feds Tell Nation’s Cops to Stop Illegally Seizing Motorists’ Property…But Only if they Want To
- Senate Committee Accused of Failing to Interview Men Tortured by CIA for its Torture Report
- U.S. Bombing in Syria Said to Drive More Anti-Assad Rebels to Join or Support ISIS