Will Norman Eisen be the Next Ambassador to Czech Republic?
Although President Barack Obama has not officially nominated an ambassador to the Czech Republic, rumors are heavy in Prague that the post will go to White House ethics lawyer Norman Eisen. Eisen has no diplomatic experience to speak of, but he does have other qualities going for him—including knowing Barack Obama since law school, and raising substantial sums of money for the president’s 2008 campaign.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Congress Takes 5 Weeks Off, Works for 8 Days and Takes another 8 Weeks Off
- Appeals Court Throws Out Child Porn Conviction over Illegal Navy Surveillance of Private Citizens
- Prosecutions for Environmental Crimes Decline under Obama
- Secret Donors have Spent more than $60 Million on Current Election Campaign
- Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy: Who Is Michael Botticelli?