Will Norman Eisen be the Next Ambassador to Czech Republic?
Although President Barack Obama has not officially nominated an ambassador to the Czech Republic, rumors are heavy in Prague that the post will go to White House ethics lawyer Norman Eisen. Eisen has no diplomatic experience to speak of, but he does have other qualities going for him—including knowing Barack Obama since law school, and raising substantial sums of money for the president’s 2008 campaign.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Lawsuits Accuse Major Employers of Squeezing Extra Dollars out of Low-Wage Workers
- Temp Workers at Record High; Earn $3.44 an Hour less than Other Workers
- Outsourcing Probation Puts the Costs on the Poor
- California Legislature First State to Ban Disposable Plastic Bags
- Florida Mayor Ejects Atheist from Public Meeting for Refusing to Stand during Pledge of Allegiance