Will Norman Eisen be the Next Ambassador to Czech Republic?
Although President Barack Obama has not officially nominated an ambassador to the Czech Republic, rumors are heavy in Prague that the post will go to White House ethics lawyer Norman Eisen. Eisen has no diplomatic experience to speak of, but he does have other qualities going for him—including knowing Barack Obama since law school, and raising substantial sums of money for the president’s 2008 campaign.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- FBI’s Secret Recording of Conversations on Courthouse Steps Not Illegal, Rules Federal Judge
- DNC Tried to Leverage White House Ties to Reward Donors with Federal Board Appointments
- Support Grows Among Americans for Tougher Gun Laws
- U.S. Says It Plans to Expand Central American Refugee Admission Program
- Longtime Vietnam War Protesters Exhort Pentagon to Detail War’s Hard Truths on Website