Appalachian Regional Commission: Who is Earl Gohl, Jr.?
In nominating Earl F. Gohl, Jr. to serve as the federal co-chair of the Appalachian Regional Commission, President Barack Obama played up Gohl’s years of experience in Pennsylvania state and local government. Left out of the November 16, 2009, announcement was the fact Gohl has also worked as a lobbyist for Puerto Rico in Washington, DC, and that his wife is a prominent leader of a union representing federal employees. Gohl was confirmed by the Senate March 10, 2010.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Former Employees Say Bank of America Regularly Lied to Homeowners Seeking Loan Modifications
- 2 Fatal Chemical Plant Explosions in 2 Days in Louisiana
- Growth of Factory Farming Leading to Uncontrolled Problems of Animal Waste
- Federal Government Accused of Adding an Average of One New Crime a Week
- Christian Pastor Given Go-Ahead to Sue Oklahoma over Native American License Plate Design