Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- West Virginia, the Only State to See a Rise in Crime over 18 Years, also has Greatest Increase in Imprisonment Rate
- Two Insecticides Lead to Drastic Increase in Polluted Urban Streams
- 14-Year-Old Rape Kit, Finally Tested, Leads to Arrest of Ex-Cop
- Director of the Defense Contract Management Agency: Who Is Wendy Masiello?
- Director of the Defense Criminal Investigative Service: Who Is James B. Burch?