Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Was Hillary Clinton, While Secretary of State, Running a Secret Spy Network?
- FBI Begins Tracking Hate Crimes against Arabs, Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims
- TSA’s Guide to Spotting Potential Terrorists at Airports
- Photo ID Cards are not an Effective way to Stop Food Stamp Fraud
- Undersecretary for Health, Department of Veterans Affairs: Who Is David Shulkin?