Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Faces Uphill Task in Connecting With New Government in India
- Majority of Americans Support Treatment of Migrant Children as Refugees, Not Illegal Immigrants
- EPA Accused of Fracking Oversight Negligence
- Federal Court Upholds Florida Law Preventing Doctors from Discussing Guns
- New Super PAC Spends Big Money to Fight Big Money in Politics