Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- The Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. is … Medical Error
- U.S. Government Pays $48 Million to Resettle First American “Climate Change Refugees”
- Wall Street Stock Loan Schemes Take Billions from Taxpayers in Germany and 20 Other Nations
- Widespread Damage Done to Florida’s Treasured Coral Reef by Dredging of Miami Port for Freighters
- Georgia Bill Allowing Guns on Campus Throws Governor into Second Hot-Button Controversy