Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Statue of Liberty and Stonehenge among Landmark Sites Called Vulnerable to Climate Change Effects
- Obama Signs Bill to Remove Offensive Names for Minority Groups from U.S. Laws
- Leading Candidate for Texas School Board Seat Derailed by Her Wild Conspiracy Theories
- Promotion of Female and Minority Broadcast Ownership Damaged by FCC Failure to Update Rules
- Kosovo’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Vlora Çitaku?