Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Chicago Police Accused of Running Secret Interrogation Center
- “What the Drilling Industry has Bought and Paid for in Campaign Contributions they shall Receive.”
- Why is Congress Turning over Public Lands to Foreign Copper Mine Companies?
- Oakland VA Lost Thousands of Veterans Claims, Found Them, and Then Lost Them Again
- Is it Time for Americans who Earn more than $118,500 a Year to Pay more into Social Security?