Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Judges Order Obama Administration to Release Memo Justifying Assassination of Americans
- Oklahoma Legislators, Bowing to Big Business, Raise Rates for Small Producers of Solar and Wind Power
- Cold War could Turn into Wet War if U.S. Navy Dolphins Deploy to Black Sea
- Sale of Post Office Properties Ignored Historical Importance
- Nebraskans Want Colorado to Share Cost of Prosecuting Citizens Caught with Marijuana in Nebraska