Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Is This the Most Corrupt Town in the U.S.?
- Duke Energy CEO Wants Customers to Pay for Pollution Pond Cleanups
- Italians Object to U.S. Rifle Ad Using Michelangelo’s David
- Consumer Finance Bureau Accused of Giving Higher Rankings to White Employees
- As College Grads Drop Down the Job Market, Non-Grads are Bumped Off