Ambassador to Oman: Who Is Richard Schmierer?
On June 11, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated a career diplomat with extensive experience in the Middle East to be the next ambassador to Oman. Richard J. Schmierer was born in New Jersey circa 1952, and earned a B.A. from Lehigh University in 1974, and a Master’s (1975) and a Ph.D. (1977) in Linguistics from the University of Massachusetts. His doctoral dissertation concerned the Anglo-Saxon language.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama has Averaged more than One Fundraiser a Week Since he became President
- Philadelphia Mayor Nutter Orders Police and Prisons to Limit Cooperation with Federal Immigration Agents
- In first Challenge to Consumer Complaint Database, Court Orders Release of Company’s Name
- First Trial of a Non-Native American in a Tribal Court
- Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: Who Is Leon Rodriguez?