Ambassador to Luxembourg: Who is Cynthia Stroum?
The American ambassadorship to Luxembourg has long been reserved as a post for rewarding political friends and benefactors of presidents. In the last 50 years, only three out of 21 U.S. ambassadors to the tiny European country have been career diplomats. Cynthia Stroum, who was sworn in as Ambassador to Luxembourg December 7, 2009, is not one of them.
She has served on the board of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and as the founding chairman of the board of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN). She has also served on the board of the USC Shoah Foundation Institute.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Arizona Voter ID Law Overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court
- Faces of 120 Million People in State Driver’s License Databases Accessed for Criminal Investigations
- FTC Allowed to Stop Brand Drug Firms from Paying Competitors to Keep Generics off Market
- Majority of Americans Disapprove of NSA Surveillance Operations
- U.S. and Britain Eavesdropped on World Leaders at 2009 Summits