Ambassador to Hungary: Who is Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis?
Sometimes a political contributor can give handsomely to the losing side and still come out a winner. Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis is one such example. Daughter of a real estate tycoon and California political player, Tsakopoulos Kounalakis raised more than $1 million for Hillary Clinton during her 2008 primary battle with Barack Obama. But once Obama had all but locked up his party’s nomination, the Greek-American millionaire switched camps and supported the man who now has made her ambassador to Hungary. She was sworn in on January 7, 2010.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Alabama, a Voter ID State, Closes Driver License Offices in Heavily Democratic Counties
- Somalia Ratifies Rights of Children Treaty, Leaving United States as only Holdout
- Buying Their Way into State Dinner in Honor of Chinese President
- Percentage of Americans Working or Looking for Work Hits 38-Year Low
- U.S. Ambassador to Bulgaria: Who Is Eric Rubin?