Ambassador to Hungary: Who is Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis?
Sometimes a political contributor can give handsomely to the losing side and still come out a winner. Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis is one such example. Daughter of a real estate tycoon and California political player, Tsakopoulos Kounalakis raised more than $1 million for Hillary Clinton during her 2008 primary battle with Barack Obama. But once Obama had all but locked up his party’s nomination, the Greek-American millionaire switched camps and supported the man who now has made her ambassador to Hungary. She was sworn in on January 7, 2010.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Is This the Most Corrupt Town in the U.S.?
- Duke Energy CEO Wants Customers to Pay for Pollution Pond Cleanups
- Italians Object to U.S. Rifle Ad Using Michelangelo’s David
- Consumer Finance Bureau Accused of Giving Higher Rankings to White Employees
- As College Grads Drop Down the Job Market, Non-Grads are Bumped Off