Ambassador to Hungary: Who is Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis?
Sometimes a political contributor can give handsomely to the losing side and still come out a winner. Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis is one such example. Daughter of a real estate tycoon and California political player, Tsakopoulos Kounalakis raised more than $1 million for Hillary Clinton during her 2008 primary battle with Barack Obama. But once Obama had all but locked up his party’s nomination, the Greek-American millionaire switched camps and supported the man who now has made her ambassador to Hungary. She was sworn in on January 7, 2010.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Judge Who Blocked Release of Osama bin Laden Death Photos Now Blocks Release of Senate Torture Report
- Holder Deadline for Prosecuting Wall Street Executives for Financial Crisis Passes without a Single Charge
- CIA Ends Information Sharing with Climate Scientists
- 75% of U.S. Schools Use Surveillance Cameras; 70% Perform Campus Shooting Drills
- House Passes Bill Giving Corporations Property Rights to Mining on Asteroids