Ambassador to Hungary: Who is Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis?
Sometimes a political contributor can give handsomely to the losing side and still come out a winner. Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis is one such example. Daughter of a real estate tycoon and California political player, Tsakopoulos Kounalakis raised more than $1 million for Hillary Clinton during her 2008 primary battle with Barack Obama. But once Obama had all but locked up his party’s nomination, the Greek-American millionaire switched camps and supported the man who now has made her ambassador to Hungary. She was sworn in on January 7, 2010.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- State Regulators Accuse U.S. Lawmaker of “Unprecedented” Meddling into ExxonMobil Fraud Investigations
- Underground Burial of Carbon Dioxide May Help Limit Climate Change
- Judge Orders Kansas to Count Thousands of Votes of People Who Registered With No Citizenship ID
- 10 States Stand Up for Transgender Bathroom Rights Challenged by Other States
- Argentina’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Martín Lousteau?