Ambassador to Hungary: Who is Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis?
Sometimes a political contributor can give handsomely to the losing side and still come out a winner. Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis is one such example. Daughter of a real estate tycoon and California political player, Tsakopoulos Kounalakis raised more than $1 million for Hillary Clinton during her 2008 primary battle with Barack Obama. But once Obama had all but locked up his party’s nomination, the Greek-American millionaire switched camps and supported the man who now has made her ambassador to Hungary. She was sworn in on January 7, 2010.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- European Court Told CIA Paid Romanian Government Millions to Host Secret Prisons
- Bank Fined for Discriminating Against Minority Customers in Tennessee
- Cleveland to Allow Expanded Convention Protests After ACLU Suit
- EU to Allow Sale of Roundup Herbicide an Extra 18 Months
- GOP Congressman Wants Action on Tainted Water—Now That It’s Found in the Capitol