Ambassador to Bulgaria: Who Is James Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Bulgaria enjoys unusually close access to the new U.S. ambassador to neighboring Serbia, not because of any nefarious dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. James B. Warlick, Jr., a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed as the nation’s new man in Sofia by the Senate on December 24, 2009, the same day his wife, Mary Warlick, was confirmed to be the new ambassador to Serbia. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- State Regulators Accuse U.S. Lawmaker of “Unprecedented” Meddling into ExxonMobil Fraud Investigations
- Underground Burial of Carbon Dioxide May Help Limit Climate Change
- Judge Orders Kansas to Count Thousands of Votes of People Who Registered With No Citizenship ID
- 10 States Stand Up for Transgender Bathroom Rights Challenged by Other States
- Argentina’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Martín Lousteau?