Ambassador to Bulgaria: Who Is James Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Bulgaria enjoys unusually close access to the new U.S. ambassador to neighboring Serbia, not because of any nefarious dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. James B. Warlick, Jr., a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed as the nation’s new man in Sofia by the Senate on December 24, 2009, the same day his wife, Mary Warlick, was confirmed to be the new ambassador to Serbia. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Top Private Prison Firm Tries to Prevent Public Disclosure of Documents Exposing Prison Operations
- U.S. Justice Dept. Sues Georgia for Widespread Discrimination of Disabled Students
- At 8 Deaths a Day, Accidental Overdose Fatalities Hit Record High in Ohio
- Study Finds Most Teens Vape Non-Nicotine Fruit Flavors, But CDC Skeptical
- Court Rules against Michigan for Cutting Food Stamps for People it Misidentified as Fleeing Felons