Ambassador to Bulgaria: Who Is James Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Bulgaria enjoys unusually close access to the new U.S. ambassador to neighboring Serbia, not because of any nefarious dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. James B. Warlick, Jr., a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed as the nation’s new man in Sofia by the Senate on December 24, 2009, the same day his wife, Mary Warlick, was confirmed to be the new ambassador to Serbia. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. is One of Six Nations Named by Oxfam for Fueling Violence in Syria
- Moving Guantánamo Prisoners to Super-Max Prison in Colorado: Obama vs. Congress
- Painkiller Overdoses Kill More in Tennessee than Car Accidents or Guns
- VW Emissions-Cheating Cars Added 32 Million Tons of Extra Carbon Pollutants into Atmosphere
- Education Dept. Pours Money into Charter Grant Program that Doesn’t Work