Ambassador to Bulgaria: Who Is James Warlick?
The current U.S. ambassador to Bulgaria enjoys unusually close access to the new U.S. ambassador to neighboring Serbia, not because of any nefarious dealings, but because the two diplomats in question are married to one another. James B. Warlick, Jr., a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, was confirmed as the nation’s new man in Sofia by the Senate on December 24, 2009, the same day his wife, Mary Warlick, was confirmed to be the new ambassador to Serbia. The couple are the Obama Administration’s first tandem ambassadors, although there is one holdover couple from the Bush administration, Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates Richard Olson and his wife, Deborah Jones, who is the ambassador to Kuwait.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- University Students from 37 Nations Rank George W. Bush less Popular than Josef Stalin and Genghis Khan, but more Popular than Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden
- Secret U.S. Space Plane Launches for Fourth Time in Five Years
- Women over 50 most Common Victims of Online Romance Scams
- Acting Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration: Who Is Chuck Rosenberg?
- Director of the Minority Business Development Agency: Who Is Alejandra Castillo?