Wall Street Bailout Cost Reaches $4.6 Trillion; Most from Federal Reserve Loans
Discussions of Washington’s bailout of Wall Street have mostly focused on what the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) has spent: $410 billion. But the Center for Media and Democracy (CMD) claims the real total of the federal rescue amounts to the staggering figure of $4.6 trillion. Trillion, not billion.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Global Increase in Bigotry against Jews and Muslims
- Robots Seen as Filling Caregiver Vacuum for Aging Baby Boomers
- U.S. Security Company Seeks Dismissal of Abu Ghraib Torture Charges because Victims were not Allowed to Leave Iraq
- 5 Biggest Banks Gain another Victory in Control of $700 Trillion Derivatives Market
- Is Living in the United States Bad for Your Health?