U.S. No Longer #1…in Per-Capita Carbon Dioxide Pollution
The United States is no longer the worst per-capita polluter when it comes to contributing to the problem of global warming. Australia is now number one. But neither country, nor most other industrial nations, is at risk of suffering from the worst effects of climate change. In fact, one of the most vulnerable countries happens to be the one that the United States is spending billions of dollars on in the hopes of stabilizing it: Afghanistan.
These countries, however, won’t bear the worst that Mother Nature has to offer in the future as weather patterns and sea levels change. Of the 28 nations considered to be at “extreme risk,” 22 are in Africa, with Somalia ranked No. 1. The second and third most vulnerable are Haiti and Afghanistan.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Koch Brothers Spent more on 2012 Election than Top 10 Unions Combined
- Store Selling “Smart Gun” Surrenders to Attacks on Online Forums
- 29 States Roll Back Mandatory Sentencing
- After Refusing a Purple Heart, World War II Vet Accepts it…70 Years Later
- How Many Times can Mexico Kill Nazario Moreno?