8 Extremely Little-Known Corners of the U.S. Intelligence Network…and 4 More
While the government spends billions to keep things secret, it also splurges a little on information that’s not so tightly locked away. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, home to the country’s top spook, has published a handbook that highlights some top-secret elements in the American intelligence community. Even experts like Steven Aftergood, who directs the Federation of American Scientists’ Project on Government Secrecy, didn’t know about some of the stuff published in the 2009 National Intelligence: A Consumer’s Guide. These include:
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Republican State Governments Increasingly Overruling Laws Passed by City and County Governments
- Senate Takes First Step to Allow Vets to Use Medical Marijuana
- Woman Sues Employer after Being Fired for Turning off Tracking App
- Backed by Big Oil, House Republicans Use Military Bill in Campaign to Keep Sage Grouse off Endangered List
- Thailand’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Pisan Manawapat?