8 Extremely Little-Known Corners of the U.S. Intelligence Network…and 4 More
While the government spends billions to keep things secret, it also splurges a little on information that’s not so tightly locked away. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, home to the country’s top spook, has published a handbook that highlights some top-secret elements in the American intelligence community. Even experts like Steven Aftergood, who directs the Federation of American Scientists’ Project on Government Secrecy, didn’t know about some of the stuff published in the 2009 National Intelligence: A Consumer’s Guide. These include:
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Serves as International Bulldog for Tobacco Industry
- Could Puerto Rico Go the Way of Greece?
- Obama Pushes to Extend Overtime Pay to 5 Million more Workers
- Oregonians Can Now Legally Smoke Marijuana…but they can’t Buy it or Sell it
- Police Can Arrest You for Calling them Names, but They’ll Lose in Court