8 Extremely Little-Known Corners of the U.S. Intelligence Network…and 4 More
While the government spends billions to keep things secret, it also splurges a little on information that’s not so tightly locked away. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, home to the country’s top spook, has published a handbook that highlights some top-secret elements in the American intelligence community. Even experts like Steven Aftergood, who directs the Federation of American Scientists’ Project on Government Secrecy, didn’t know about some of the stuff published in the 2009 National Intelligence: A Consumer’s Guide. These include:
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Wasted Spending in Afghanistan Keeps Skyrocketing as U.S. Military Blows Millions on another Unneeded Operations Center
- Idaho to Finally Stop Putting Prison Inmates in Solitary Cells with No Toilets, Sinks or Mattresses
- Fargo Police Dept. Shuns Weaponized Drones Approved for Police by North Dakota
- Nepal’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Arjun Karki?
- U.S. Ambassador to Togo: Who Is David Gilmour?