8 Extremely Little-Known Corners of the U.S. Intelligence Network…and 4 More
While the government spends billions to keep things secret, it also splurges a little on information that’s not so tightly locked away. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, home to the country’s top spook, has published a handbook that highlights some top-secret elements in the American intelligence community. Even experts like Steven Aftergood, who directs the Federation of American Scientists’ Project on Government Secrecy, didn’t know about some of the stuff published in the 2009 National Intelligence: A Consumer’s Guide. These include:
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Ex-Nazis Still Receiving Social Security Benefits
- If the Draft Ended 41 Years Ago, Why are Young Men Still Punished for not Registering?
- Interior Dept. Inspector General Closed 457 Investigations Last Year, but Released only 3 to the Public
- California County Tried to Seize Marijuana Plants without Warrant because Growing them Wasted Water
- Hottest September Since Recordkeeping began in 1880