Acting Director of Federal Housing Finance Agency: Who is Edward DeMarco?
Sunday, August 01, 2010
Edward J. DeMarco has served since September 1, 2009, as acting director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), which regulates Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the 12 Federal Home Loan Banks.
DeMarco attended college at the University of Notre Dame, where he received his Bachelor of Arts in economics. He received his PhD in economics from the University of Maryland.
His first job for the federal government was with the General Accounting Office (later renamed the Government Accountability Office), where he worked for seven years.
DeMarco then moved to the Department of the Treasury to serve as director of the Office of Financial Institutions Policy. In this role he oversaw analyses of public policy issues involving government-sponsored enterprises and other financial institutions.
In 2003, he took a position with the Social Security Administration as assistant deputy commissioner for policy, leading the agency’s policy, research and statistics functions.
DeMarco joined the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight in October 2006 as its chief operating officer and deputy director. Two years later, the office was converted into the Federal Housing Finance Agency, and DeMarco became COO and senior deputy director for housing mission and goals for FHFA.
DeMarco is married and has four children.
Edward DeMarco Acting Director (Federal Housing Finance Agency)
Q&A wuth Edward DeMarco (by Robert Stowe England, Mortgage Banking)
Edward DeMarco: The Only One in D.C. Telling the Truth About Fannie and Freddie (by Bruce Krasting, Seeking Alpha)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Director of the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office: Who Is L. Wayne Brasure?
- Delegated Director, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Who Is Kana Enomoto?
- For Donald Trump, the Honeymoon was Over Before It Even Began
- Acting Director of the Indian Health Service: Who Is Mary L. Smith?
- Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: Who Is Andrew Bindman?