U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fighting Drug Take-Back Program, Big Pharma Says Dump Your Meds in the Trash
- Poland Accused in Europe Human Rights Court of Aiding CIA Kidnapping and Torture
- For the First Time in 40 Years, Most Americans Believe U.S. Declining as Global Power
- Dallas Police Now Forced to Wait 3 Days before Recounting Shooting Incidents
- U.N. Launches its First Drone, Joining U.S.-Led Proliferation across 70 Nations