U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- More Americans Die from Shoveling Snow than from Ebola
- House Republicans Choose White Men to Head 20 of 21 Committees
- 10 Years after 9/11 Commission Recommended it, FCC Finds Funds for National First Responder Communications Network
- Group Sues Border Patrol over Alleged Racial Profiling…in Ohio
- 59-Year-Old to be Released after 39 Years in Prison for Murder he didn’t Commit