U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Supreme Court Fails to Halt “Discriminatory” Texas Voter ID Law
- Obama Promotes Smart Guns and Expanded Sharing of Mental Health Records with Background Checks
- Texas Supreme Court Blocks Houston’s Clean Air Laws
- First Woman Appointed to Lead Warfighting Command
- Seattle’s Garbage-Searching Policy Ruled Unconstitutional