U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Americans Wary of Future Science Designed to “Enhance” Human Species
- Arkansas Secrecy Law Hinders Pfizer Effort to Curtail Use of Its Drug for State Executions
- Labor Dept. Orders $1 Million Back Pay for Underpaid U.S. Senate Cafeteria Workers
- As Nominee, Trump Employs Code Words to Fuel Racial Animosity, Say Observers
- Obama Vetoes Bill Limiting Ex-Presidents’ Allowance