U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Only 2 Countries Have Not Joined the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child: South Sudan and…United States
- For the First Time in at Least 10 Years, a Decline in the Number of Americans Reporting Trouble Paying Medical Bills
- 211,000 Unsolved Homicides Still on the Books
- Insurance Industry Adjusts to Earthquake Risk Caused by Fracking
- Behind the $3 Billion a Year Wisdom Teeth Removal Procedure…Health or Profits?