U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Political Partisanship of Americans at Highest Level in a Quarter-Century
- 1 in 3 Americans on Medicare Use Commonly Abused Opioid Painkillers
- Hawaii Passes Criminal-Monitoring Gun Law Said to Be First of Its Kind in U.S.
- Death Sentences Plummet in Georgia, But Executions are On a Roll
- Jamaica’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Ralph Thomas?