U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- EPA Declines to Classify Coal Ash as Hazardous Waste
- Congress Ends 35-Year Ban on Abortion Coverage for Peace Corps Volunteers
- South Carolina Judge Voids Murder Conviction of 14-Year-Old…70 Years after he was Executed
- Costa Rica’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Román Macaya?
- Panama’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Emanuel González-Revilla?