U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Mentally Ill Shot to Death in U.S. in 2015: 124 and Counting
- Oklahoma Supreme Court Gives Homeowners Go-Ahead to Sue Oil Companies over Fracking Earthquakes
- NSA Again Given Go-Ahead for Mass Phone Data Collection
- New York City Bans “Poor Doors” to Mixed-Income Housing
- NBA Player Traded 4 Times in One Week