U.S. War Zone Commanders Spend Billion Dollars a Year in Cash
Lawmakers in Congress are beginning to grow concerned over the amount of cash being distributed by American military commanders in war zones. Provided so the military can make friends with local citizens and help struggling economies, the amount of appropriated for the Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) is now more than $1 billion a year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Payday Loan Regulation May Leave Some in the Lurch
- Illinois Puts Restrictions on Use of Cell Phone Trackers
- Virginia Court Overrules Felons’ Restoration of Voting Rights
- Government Scientists Want Volunteers to Submit Genetic, Lifestyle Information
- Federal Regulators Don’t Release Information on Many Health Provider Breaches