5 of 6 Biggest Weapons Makers are American Companies
The United States has no peer when it comes to producing the means of warfare, according to a new worldwide ranking of corporate arms merchants.
Of the top half dozen weapons makers on earth, five of them are American, says the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
U.S. supremacy is on display in other ways in SIPRI’s top 100 arms makers listing.
Ten of the 13 biggest companies are also American. In addition to the five aforementioned U.S. businesses, there’s United Technologies (No. 8), L-3 Communications (No. 10), BAE Systems Inc. (the American subsidiary of the UK parent), SAIC (No. 12) and Huntington Ingalls Industries (No. 13).
To Learn More:
The SIPRI Top 100 Arms-producing and Military Services Companies in the World Excluding China, 2012 (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute)
The SIPRI Top 100 Arms-producing and Military Services Companies, 2012 (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute)
War is Wonderful…If You’re a Weapons Maker (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement: Who Is Thomas Homan?
- Acting Director of the U.S. Marshals Service: Who Is David Harlow?
- U.S. Ambassador to Italy: Who Is Lewis Eisenberg?
- Radiation Exposure Compensation Program: Who is Kali Bracey?
- Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission: Who Is Ajit Pai?