5 of 6 Biggest Weapons Makers are American Companies
The United States has no peer when it comes to producing the means of warfare, according to a new worldwide ranking of corporate arms merchants.
Of the top half dozen weapons makers on earth, five of them are American, says the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
U.S. supremacy is on display in other ways in SIPRI’s top 100 arms makers listing.
Ten of the 13 biggest companies are also American. In addition to the five aforementioned U.S. businesses, there’s United Technologies (No. 8), L-3 Communications (No. 10), BAE Systems Inc. (the American subsidiary of the UK parent), SAIC (No. 12) and Huntington Ingalls Industries (No. 13).
To Learn More:
The SIPRI Top 100 Arms-producing and Military Services Companies in the World Excluding China, 2012 (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute)
The SIPRI Top 100 Arms-producing and Military Services Companies, 2012 (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute)
War is Wonderful…If You’re a Weapons Maker (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump to Take Office with Enormous Power to Shape Future U.S. Policy on Voting
- Online Hate Sites Surge during Month since Election
- Canadian Journalist’s Detention at U.S. Border Raises Press Freedom Alarms
- Hillary May Have Lost Election, But She Beats Trump as Primary Target of GOP Oversight Chairman’s Ongoing Investigations
- Jordan’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Dina Kawar?