5 of 6 Biggest Weapons Makers are American Companies
The United States has no peer when it comes to producing the means of warfare, according to a new worldwide ranking of corporate arms merchants.
Of the top half dozen weapons makers on earth, five of them are American, says the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
U.S. supremacy is on display in other ways in SIPRI’s top 100 arms makers listing.
Ten of the 13 biggest companies are also American. In addition to the five aforementioned U.S. businesses, there’s United Technologies (No. 8), L-3 Communications (No. 10), BAE Systems Inc. (the American subsidiary of the UK parent), SAIC (No. 12) and Huntington Ingalls Industries (No. 13).
To Learn More:
The SIPRI Top 100 Arms-producing and Military Services Companies in the World Excluding China, 2012 (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute)
The SIPRI Top 100 Arms-producing and Military Services Companies, 2012 (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute)
War is Wonderful…If You’re a Weapons Maker (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Victories against Voter ID Laws in the Courts Don’t Always Erase Voting Restrictions at the Polls
- Whistleblower Alleges Culture of Intimidation at Pentagon’s Contract Auditing Agency
- Pentagon’s Focus on Artificial Intelligence in Weaponry Portends Robot Arms Race
- Judge Orders ExxonMobil to Release Financial Records in Climate-Change Fraud Investigation
- Utah School System Sued for Abusive Policies toward Gay Students