Obama Administration Prepares to Sell $30 Billion in Weapons to Saudi Royal Family
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
F-15E Strike Eagle dropping a GBU-28 bunker buster bomb
Israel, which has long maintained military superiority over its Arab neighbors, managed to win one important concession from Washington: the F-15 fighters, which will be delivered in about 2015, won’t be equipped with long-range missiles that could potentially make the planes a threat to the Jewish state.
The arms deal is said to include 84 F-15 Strike Eagles made by Boeing and 72 Black Hawk helicopters manufactured by Sikorsky.
Administration officials have received assurances from Israel that it will not lobby Congress to oppose the sale.
U.S. to Sell F-15s to Saudis (by Adam Entous, Wall Street Journal)
Saudi F-15 Deal Bodes Well for Boeing, St. Louis (by Steve Giegerich, St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Ex-Nazis Still Receiving Social Security Benefits
- If the Draft Ended 41 Years Ago, Why are Young Men Still Punished for not Registering?
- Interior Dept. Inspector General Closed 457 Investigations Last Year, but Released only 3 to the Public
- California County Tried to Seize Marijuana Plants without Warrant because Growing them Wasted Water
- Hottest September Since Recordkeeping began in 1880