Obama Administration Prepares to Sell $30 Billion in Weapons to Saudi Royal Family
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
F-15E Strike Eagle dropping a GBU-28 bunker buster bomb
Israel, which has long maintained military superiority over its Arab neighbors, managed to win one important concession from Washington: the F-15 fighters, which will be delivered in about 2015, won’t be equipped with long-range missiles that could potentially make the planes a threat to the Jewish state.
The arms deal is said to include 84 F-15 Strike Eagles made by Boeing and 72 Black Hawk helicopters manufactured by Sikorsky.
Administration officials have received assurances from Israel that it will not lobby Congress to oppose the sale.
U.S. to Sell F-15s to Saudis (by Adam Entous, Wall Street Journal)
Saudi F-15 Deal Bodes Well for Boeing, St. Louis (by Steve Giegerich, St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- If Ferguson is 67% African-American, Why are the Mayor, the City Council Majority and 50 of 53 Police White?
- 45% of Americans Try to Include Organic Foods in their Diet…and 15% Try to Avoid Them
- Dramatic Rise in Attacks on Aid Workers
- Three-Quarters of Small Wind Turbines Produced in U.S. are Sold to other Countries
- This Obama-Appointed Judge Signed off on the CIA Killing of a U.S. Citizen