Man Arrested for Shooting Robot
A man in Ohio has been arrested and charged for harming a robot. Michael Blevins, 62, was holed up in his home in Waverly, intoxicated and armed with multiple firearms, when police responded to reports of shots being fired inside the residence.
Wanting to avoid a confrontation, local police sent two surveillance robots inside the home to find Blevins. Upon seeing the larger of the two robots, Blevins opened fire and damaged the roving technology.
Police later stormed the house and used an electronic stun gun to subdue and then apprehend Blevins without any human getting hurt.
He now faces two felony counts of unlawful possession of a dangerous ordnance and vandalism of government property, among other charges.
To Learn More:
Ohio Man Charged With Shooting Robot (by David Hill, Singularity Hub)
Waverly Man Arrested After 6-Hour Standoff (Chillicothe Gazette)
Who’s Responsible if a Military Robot Kills Civilians? (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Co-Chair of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board: Who is Shirley Ann Jackson?
- Managing Director of the Council on Environmental Quality: Who Is Christy Goldfuss?
- Executive Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Who Is Melissa Rogers?
- Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint: Who Is Rhett Jeppson?
- Coordinator of the Bureau of International Information Programs: Who is Macon Phillips?