Man Arrested for Shooting Robot
A man in Ohio has been arrested and charged for harming a robot. Michael Blevins, 62, was holed up in his home in Waverly, intoxicated and armed with multiple firearms, when police responded to reports of shots being fired inside the residence.
Wanting to avoid a confrontation, local police sent two surveillance robots inside the home to find Blevins. Upon seeing the larger of the two robots, Blevins opened fire and damaged the roving technology.
Police later stormed the house and used an electronic stun gun to subdue and then apprehend Blevins without any human getting hurt.
He now faces two felony counts of unlawful possession of a dangerous ordnance and vandalism of government property, among other charges.
To Learn More:
Ohio Man Charged With Shooting Robot (by David Hill, Singularity Hub)
Waverly Man Arrested After 6-Hour Standoff (Chillicothe Gazette)
Who’s Responsible if a Military Robot Kills Civilians? (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement: Who Is Thomas Homan?
- Acting Director of the U.S. Marshals Service: Who Is David Harlow?
- U.S. Ambassador to Italy: Who Is Lewis Eisenberg?
- Radiation Exposure Compensation Program: Who is Kali Bracey?
- Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission: Who Is Ajit Pai?