Man Arrested for Shooting Robot
A man in Ohio has been arrested and charged for harming a robot. Michael Blevins, 62, was holed up in his home in Waverly, intoxicated and armed with multiple firearms, when police responded to reports of shots being fired inside the residence.
Wanting to avoid a confrontation, local police sent two surveillance robots inside the home to find Blevins. Upon seeing the larger of the two robots, Blevins opened fire and damaged the roving technology.
Police later stormed the house and used an electronic stun gun to subdue and then apprehend Blevins without any human getting hurt.
He now faces two felony counts of unlawful possession of a dangerous ordnance and vandalism of government property, among other charges.
To Learn More:
Ohio Man Charged With Shooting Robot (by David Hill, Singularity Hub)
Waverly Man Arrested After 6-Hour Standoff (Chillicothe Gazette)
Who’s Responsible if a Military Robot Kills Civilians? (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Majority of Federal Appeals Court Judges Appointed by Democratic Presidents for First Time in more than 10 Years
- The Mysterious Case of the Obama Administration Claiming State-Secrets Privilege in a Private Defamation Lawsuit
- Obama Administration and EU Threaten Shutdown of ExxonMobil’s Drilling in Russian Arctic
- Fewer Workers Die on the Job…Except Latinos
- Is an Arkansas Republican Responsible for Spread of Ebola and did a Democrat Vote to Give Social Security Benefits to Illegal Immigrants? Of Course not…except in Campaign Ads