Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Consumer Reports Testing Finds All Beef Shows Signs of Fecal Contamination
- U.S. Spy Agencies Agree to Warn Possible Victims of Attacks and Kidnapping
- Only 3 of 116 Remaining Guantánamo Prisoners were Captured by Americans…and 52 Have Already been Cleared for Release
- Mississippi and Idaho only States without Laws Forbidding Unwanted Sexual Touching
- Improved Economy Leads to more Gridlock as D.C. Passes Los Angeles for Worst Traffic