Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Industries, Congress and Federal Agencies Work Hard to Delay Worker Safety Regulations
- States where Politicians have Vowed to Continue Fighting Same-Sex Marriage
- Guantánamo Defense Lawyers Ask for Access to 14,000 CIA Photos of Secret Prisons
- Survey of 382 U.S. Law Enforcement Agencies Shows Far Greater Concern about Anti-Government Extremists than about Islamic Terrorists
- Pope Francis First Religious Leader to be Invited to Address Joint Session of Congress