Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Both Sides Using U.S.-Made Weapons in Iraq War
- In 75 Largest U.S. Cities, 60% of Police Live Outside the City They Patrol
- Michigan Welcomes Radioactive Fracking Waste Rejected by other States
- Federal Law Requiring Annual Report on Excessive Force by Police has been Ignored for 20 Years
- Airports Reject Fact-Based Women’s Equality Ads