Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Are Large-Scale Worker Strikes in U.S. a Thing of the Past?
- U.S. Special Forces Operate in more than 80 Countries
- Is Facebook’s Internet.org the Anti-Net Neutrality in Action?
- City and State Pension Funds Pay Billions in Undisclosed Fees to Private Equity Companies
- Menominee County, Wisconsin is the Binge Drinking Capital of the United States