Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- New Recourse for Those Retaliating Against Whistleblowers: Criminal Investigations
- Battle Rages Over $100 Million Worth of Middle East Oil Sitting Off Coast of Texas
- FBI Ordered to Resume Review of Cases that May be Tainted by Two Decades of Flawed Forensics
- U.S. State Dept. Approves Largest Sale Ever of Hellfire Missiles to Iraq
- U.S. Faces Uphill Task in Connecting With New Government in India