Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Measles Outbreak at Disneyland and Elsewhere Blamed on Foreign Visitors and Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Largest Area of Federal Waters in U.S. to be auctioned for Offshore Wind Power Projects
- Justice Dept. Pays $134,000 to Woman Who Sued Over Use of Her Identity in Fake Facebook Page for DEA Operation
- Half of California's Big Trees Are Gone
- Saudi Arabia’s New King, Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud Has Been Target of Lawsuits by Survivors of 9/11 Attacks