Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump’s Call for Russia to Interfere in U.S. Election on His Behalf Alarms Foreign Policy Experts
- Stem Cell Clinics, Spreading Across U.S., Circumvent Laws to Provide Americans with Unproven Disease Treatments
- First Time in 40 Years, U.S. Regulators Propose Clampdown on Debt Collector Abuses
- Traffic Deaths Up 30% in Cities that Turned Off Red-Light Cameras at Traffic Signal Intersections
- After 5-Year Battle, EPA Approves New Rules to Regulate Deadly Formaldehyde