Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- More Problems for the Trillion-Dollar F-35: It’s not Good at Close Combat
- ACLU Sues California County where Each Public Defender Forced to Handle 700 Cases a Year
- The U.S. Dentist who Lured a Famous Lion out of its Sanctuary and Killed Him
- Justice Dept. Refuses to Release---or even Talk About—Secret 12-Year-Old Memo on Cybersecurity
- DeKalb County, Georgia Accused of Raising Money by Prosecuting Violations Outside its Jurisdiction