Obama Administration Cracks Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) under the Obama administration is employing a quieter approach to going after illegal immigrants employed in the United States. Instead of conducting high-profile raids of factories, farms and other businesses, ICE officials are showing up and auditing companies’ books to locate everyone on the payroll who is an undocumented worker. The new strategy is resulting in all illegal workers being fired at a company, instead of just those present on the day of the Bush-era raids.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Has Overseen the Smallest Reduction in U.S. Nuclear Stockpile of Any Post-Cold War President
- V.A. Cut off Benefits of 4,200 Veterans They Wrongly Claimed Were Dead
- U.S. Government and Oil Company Trade Blame 12 Years into Gulf of Mexico Oil Leak that Could Last 100 Years
- Disconnect Persists between Trump’s Lack of Economic Bona Fides and His Supporters’ Belief in Them
- Republican-Backed Ohio Law Eliminating Early Voting Ruled Unconstitutional