Military Deaths in Afghanistan under Obama Top Those under Bush
In less than two years, the United States has suffered more combat deaths in Afghanistan under President Barack Obama than it did during the two-term presidency of George W. Bush. The latest casualty figures show 577 American soldiers have died in the war from January 20, 2009, the date of Obama’s inauguration, until now. The U.S. suffered 575 deaths from October 2001 to January 19, 2009, according to figures computed by Robert Naiman, of Just Foreign Policy from figures provided by icasualties.org. Three U.S. deaths on August 17 put the Obama total ahead of the Bush total. The names of the three have not yet been released, pending notification of next of kin.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- November Election Put Power to Change U.S. Constitution within Republicans’ Reach
- FBI’s Warrantless Collection of Emails Upheld by Federal Court
- Trump’s Promised Reform of Federal Workforce Triggers Fears that Civil Service Protections Will Be Stripped
- New York State Prison System Infested with Racial Bias
- Trump’s Appointed National Security Adviser Traffics in Clinton Conspiracy Theories