Hillary Clinton Threatens U.K. over Revealing Torture Details
During a recent visit to the United Kingdom, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton reportedly told London officials that the United States government would cease sharing intelligence information with its longtime ally if a British court released CIA evidence revealing the torture of a former detainee. The case in question involved Binyam Mohamed, an Ethiopian granted refugee status in Britain, who was detained in Pakistan in 2002 on suspicion of being a terrorist. Mohamed was “rendered” to Morocco and Afghanistan, before winding up at Guantánamo Bay, from which he was released earlier this year and shipped back to the UK.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Koch Brothers Spent more on 2012 Election than Top 10 Unions Combined
- Store Selling “Smart Gun” Surrenders to Attacks on Online Forums
- 29 States Roll Back Mandatory Sentencing
- After Refusing a Purple Heart, World War II Vet Accepts it…70 Years Later
- How Many Times can Mexico Kill Nazario Moreno?