Hillary Clinton Threatens U.K. over Revealing Torture Details
During a recent visit to the United Kingdom, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton reportedly told London officials that the United States government would cease sharing intelligence information with its longtime ally if a British court released CIA evidence revealing the torture of a former detainee. The case in question involved Binyam Mohamed, an Ethiopian granted refugee status in Britain, who was detained in Pakistan in 2002 on suspicion of being a terrorist. Mohamed was “rendered” to Morocco and Afghanistan, before winding up at Guantánamo Bay, from which he was released earlier this year and shipped back to the UK.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Did Doctored Pentagon Reports Mislead Congress and Obama about the Rise of ISIS?
- FDA Warns of Inaccurate Medical Tests that Put Thousands in Danger
- 5 States Rank as Failures in Preparing for Extreme Weather Events
- Walmart Worker Fired for Recycling $5.10 Worth of Cans
- In Illinois, Marijuana Businesses (Unlike other Industries) are not Allowed to Make Campaign Contributions