Hillary Clinton Threatens U.K. over Revealing Torture Details
During a recent visit to the United Kingdom, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton reportedly told London officials that the United States government would cease sharing intelligence information with its longtime ally if a British court released CIA evidence revealing the torture of a former detainee. The case in question involved Binyam Mohamed, an Ethiopian granted refugee status in Britain, who was detained in Pakistan in 2002 on suspicion of being a terrorist. Mohamed was “rendered” to Morocco and Afghanistan, before winding up at Guantánamo Bay, from which he was released earlier this year and shipped back to the UK.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Whistleblower Jeffrey Sterling Convicted
- Pennsylvania Fracking Companies Flaunt Environmental Rules and Regulations…Every Day
- HUD Official Worked for Government and Housing Industry at the Same Time…Beyond the Revolving Door
- Half of Prisoners Cleared after being Wrongly Convicted are African-American
- Army Major who Oversaw Sexual Assault Cases Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Rape