Army Gives KBR No-Bid Contract in Iraq Hours after Justice Dept. Joins Anti-KBR Kickback Suit
The U.S. Army’s timing could have been better, while saying nothing about its better judgment. Only hours after the U.S. Department of Justice announced it was backing a lawsuit against defense contractor KBR Inc., the Army awarded the controversial company another no-bid, multi-million-dollar deal to provide logistical support for soldiers in Iraq.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- New Rule Allows U.S. Military to Act without President’s Authorization
- House Republicans Vote to Allow Private Employers to Replace Overtime Pay with Time Off
- Koch Brothers Use Detroit as a Dumping Ground
- Security Experts Warn that FBI Wiretapping of Internet Could Backfire
- Secretary of Commerce: Who Is Penny Pritzker?