Army Gives KBR No-Bid Contract in Iraq Hours after Justice Dept. Joins Anti-KBR Kickback Suit
The U.S. Army’s timing could have been better, while saying nothing about its better judgment. Only hours after the U.S. Department of Justice announced it was backing a lawsuit against defense contractor KBR Inc., the Army awarded the controversial company another no-bid, multi-million-dollar deal to provide logistical support for soldiers in Iraq.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Three Charged in Billion-Dollar Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Sought to Undermine Sanders
- Customs to Pay Nearly Half-Million Dollars in Body Cavity Search Settlement
- Judge Rules Birth Control Shouldn’t Be Included in State Workers’ Insurance Policy
- Colorado Town May Have THC in Water Supply