Army Gives KBR No-Bid Contract in Iraq Hours after Justice Dept. Joins Anti-KBR Kickback Suit
The U.S. Army’s timing could have been better, while saying nothing about its better judgment. Only hours after the U.S. Department of Justice announced it was backing a lawsuit against defense contractor KBR Inc., the Army awarded the controversial company another no-bid, multi-million-dollar deal to provide logistical support for soldiers in Iraq.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- More Police Departments than Previously Thought Use Portable Surveillance Systems to Spy on almost Everyone
- House Ethics Office Earns Its Keep, but Senate’s Not Interested
- Facebook Asks DEA to Stop Creating Fake Profiles
- The 25-Year-Old Unsolved Kidnapping that Led to a Significant Increase in the Recovery of Missing Children
- Tennessee Woman Jailed for Having Overgrown Lawn