Food Stamp Use by Military Families on the Rise
Military families outpaced the rest of the country in using food stamps last year by a considerable margin, according to the Department of Defense. From 2007 to 2008, the use of food stamps by military personnel and their dependants increased 25%, while Americans overall turned to the assistance 13% more. Reliance on food stamps by military families had been declining, dropping 5% from 2006 to 2007.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump to Take Office with Enormous Power to Shape Future U.S. Policy on Voting
- Online Hate Sites Surge during Month since Election
- Canadian Journalist’s Detention at U.S. Border Raises Press Freedom Alarms
- Hillary May Have Lost Election, But She Beats Trump as Primary Target of GOP Oversight Chairman’s Ongoing Investigations
- Jordan’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Dina Kawar?