Food Stamp Use by Military Families on the Rise
Military families outpaced the rest of the country in using food stamps last year by a considerable margin, according to the Department of Defense. From 2007 to 2008, the use of food stamps by military personnel and their dependants increased 25%, while Americans overall turned to the assistance 13% more. Reliance on food stamps by military families had been declining, dropping 5% from 2006 to 2007.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- USAID Accused of Removing Critical Details from Inspector General Report about Arrests of U.S. Pro-Democracy Groups in Egypt
- TV Attack Ads Average One Per Minute…in North Carolina Alone
- Cigarette Giant Bans Smoking at the Office
- U.S. Ambassador to Guyana: Who Is Perry Holloway?
- U.S. Ambassador to Madagascar and Comoros: Who Is Robert Yamate?