Food Stamp Use by Military Families on the Rise
Military families outpaced the rest of the country in using food stamps last year by a considerable margin, according to the Department of Defense. From 2007 to 2008, the use of food stamps by military personnel and their dependants increased 25%, while Americans overall turned to the assistance 13% more. Reliance on food stamps by military families had been declining, dropping 5% from 2006 to 2007.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Immigration Court Gives First Approval of Asylum for Domestic Abuse
- Military Weapons Given to Police have Gone Missing
- Pennsylvania Finally Releases List of 243 Cases of Water Contaminated by Oil and Gas Drilling
- Government Printing Office Wins Dubious Title of Federal Agency with Highest Discrimination Complaint Rate
- Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing: Who Is Lourdes Castro Ramírez?