Food Stamp Use by Military Families on the Rise
Military families outpaced the rest of the country in using food stamps last year by a considerable margin, according to the Department of Defense. From 2007 to 2008, the use of food stamps by military personnel and their dependants increased 25%, while Americans overall turned to the assistance 13% more. Reliance on food stamps by military families had been declining, dropping 5% from 2006 to 2007.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Veterans Sue South Carolina over Segregated Memorials in Honor of Soldiers Killed in World Wars
- Three-Quarters of People with Hepatitis C were Born between 1945 and 1965
- Tens of Thousands of Federal Employees in 13 Cities to Receive Pay Raises Next Year
- Only 1 of 6 Americans Sentenced to Death are Actually Executed
- Pigeon Detained in India as Possible Spy