Food Stamp Use by Military Families on the Rise
Military families outpaced the rest of the country in using food stamps last year by a considerable margin, according to the Department of Defense. From 2007 to 2008, the use of food stamps by military personnel and their dependants increased 25%, while Americans overall turned to the assistance 13% more. Reliance on food stamps by military families had been declining, dropping 5% from 2006 to 2007.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Most Women with Private Health Insurance no Longer have to Pay for Contraception
- Florida Sheriffs Used SWAT-Style Attack to Enforce Barbershop License
- Texas Appeals Court Dismisses Law Banning Upskirt and Downblouse Photographing in Public Places
- Inspector General of the Department of Defense: Who Is Jon Rymer?
- Director of Defense Media Activity: Who Is Ray B. Shepherd?