Food Stamp Use by Military Families on the Rise
Military families outpaced the rest of the country in using food stamps last year by a considerable margin, according to the Department of Defense. From 2007 to 2008, the use of food stamps by military personnel and their dependants increased 25%, while Americans overall turned to the assistance 13% more. Reliance on food stamps by military families had been declining, dropping 5% from 2006 to 2007.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Left and Right Sue Obama Administration over Indiscriminate Phone Spying
- Contractors Account for 22% of Defense Dept. Workforce, but 50% of Workforce Cost
- Judge Rules Sailors Found Guilty of Sex Assault cannot be Dishonorably Discharged Due to Inappropriate Remarks by Obama
- White Deaths Top Births for First Time Ever
- Has the NSA ever Used its Surveillance Powers for Purposes other than Combating Terrorism? You Bet