Food Stamp Use by Military Families on the Rise
Military families outpaced the rest of the country in using food stamps last year by a considerable margin, according to the Department of Defense. From 2007 to 2008, the use of food stamps by military personnel and their dependants increased 25%, while Americans overall turned to the assistance 13% more. Reliance on food stamps by military families had been declining, dropping 5% from 2006 to 2007.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- One-Third of Recovering Hospital Patients in U.S. Suffer Harm from Rehab Care
- Snowden’s New Mission: Protecting Journalists from Dangers of Trackable Smart Phones
- Climate Change May Turn Trees from Carbon Fighters into Carbon Producers
- NBA Moves All-Star Game from North Carolina to Protest Anti-LGBT Law
- Gun Enthusiasts Find Ways to Skirt Facebook Gun Sales Ban