Food Stamp Use by Military Families on the Rise
Military families outpaced the rest of the country in using food stamps last year by a considerable margin, according to the Department of Defense. From 2007 to 2008, the use of food stamps by military personnel and their dependants increased 25%, while Americans overall turned to the assistance 13% more. Reliance on food stamps by military families had been declining, dropping 5% from 2006 to 2007.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- North Dakota becomes First State to Allow Police to Weaponize Drones
- Suspicions Arise over Accuracy of Pentagon Assessments of War on ISIS after Insiders Complain
- Kansas Officials Fight to Hide Voting Machine Records
- Despite Admitting to Voting Fraud at last Two Presidential Elections, County Officials in Atlanta get off with just $180,000 in Penalties
- Tax Preparers Lobby Hard to Make IRS Forms more Complicated