Bayer Beats Out ExxonMobil for Most Toxic Corporate Air Polluter Title
The worst air polluter in the United States isn’t an oil or chemical company, but a longtime name best associated with aspirin: Bayer. According to the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the Bayer Group, headquartered in Germany, was ranked No. 1 in its Toxic 100 Air Polluters in the United States.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fear of Violence at Polls on Election Day Causes Cancellation of Classes in Schools across Nation
- Civil Rights Groups Sue FBI and Homeland Security for Records on Black Lives Surveillance
- Federal Judge Denies Former Guantánamo Detainee’s Request for U.S. Statement of His Innocence
- AARP Lawsuit Claims U.S. Wellness Programs Violate Employee Health Privacy
- Oklahoma’s Third Largest Earthquake Likely Caused by Wastewater Disposal