Bayer Beats Out ExxonMobil for Most Toxic Corporate Air Polluter Title
The worst air polluter in the United States isn’t an oil or chemical company, but a longtime name best associated with aspirin: Bayer. According to the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the Bayer Group, headquartered in Germany, was ranked No. 1 in its Toxic 100 Air Polluters in the United States.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Nebraska becomes First Conservative State in 42 Years to Abolish Death Penalty
- 48 Years after it was Supposed to Desegregate, Louisiana School District is Given 3 more Years of Federal Supervision
- U.S. Courts Struggle with Case of Border Patrol Agent who Shot to Death a Teenager on the other Side of the Border
- If Non-Human Corporations can be Protected by Habeas Corpus, Why can’t Chimpanzees?
- Majority of Americans Now Believe that Pre-Marital Sex is Acceptable