Bayer Beats Out ExxonMobil for Most Toxic Corporate Air Polluter Title
The worst air polluter in the United States isn’t an oil or chemical company, but a longtime name best associated with aspirin: Bayer. According to the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the Bayer Group, headquartered in Germany, was ranked No. 1 in its Toxic 100 Air Polluters in the United States.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump’s Call for Russia to Interfere in U.S. Election on His Behalf Alarms Foreign Policy Experts
- Stem Cell Clinics, Spreading Across U.S., Circumvent Laws to Provide Americans with Unproven Disease Treatments
- First Time in 40 Years, U.S. Regulators Propose Clampdown on Debt Collector Abuses
- Traffic Deaths Up 30% in Cities that Turned Off Red-Light Cameras at Traffic Signal Intersections
- After 5-Year Battle, EPA Approves New Rules to Regulate Deadly Formaldehyde