Bayer Beats Out ExxonMobil for Most Toxic Corporate Air Polluter Title
The worst air polluter in the United States isn’t an oil or chemical company, but a longtime name best associated with aspirin: Bayer. According to the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the Bayer Group, headquartered in Germany, was ranked No. 1 in its Toxic 100 Air Polluters in the United States.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Are Large-Scale Worker Strikes in U.S. a Thing of the Past?
- U.S. Special Forces Operate in more than 80 Countries
- Is Facebook’s Internet.org the Anti-Net Neutrality in Action?
- City and State Pension Funds Pay Billions in Undisclosed Fees to Private Equity Companies
- Menominee County, Wisconsin is the Binge Drinking Capital of the United States