Bayer Beats Out ExxonMobil for Most Toxic Corporate Air Polluter Title
The worst air polluter in the United States isn’t an oil or chemical company, but a longtime name best associated with aspirin: Bayer. According to the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the Bayer Group, headquartered in Germany, was ranked No. 1 in its Toxic 100 Air Polluters in the United States.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Doctors are Primary Source of Narcotic Painkillers for Chronic Drug Abusers in U.S.
- Energy Dept. Gives up on Expensive Nuclear Waste Plant
- Obama Budget Losers: Justice Dept., Small Business Administration, Corps of Engineers
- Army General Tried for Rape
- “Miss Demeanor” Sues to Stop Commercial Use of her Mugshot