Bayer Beats Out ExxonMobil for Most Toxic Corporate Air Polluter Title
The worst air polluter in the United States isn’t an oil or chemical company, but a longtime name best associated with aspirin: Bayer. According to the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the Bayer Group, headquartered in Germany, was ranked No. 1 in its Toxic 100 Air Polluters in the United States.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When Profit-Making takes over Emergency Services, Tragedy can Follow
- New York Appeals Court Calls for End to Police Stop-and-Frisk Tactics
- Florida Takes Action against Home for Disabled with History of Patient Abuse and Neglect
- Federal Judge Slams Texas Prison for Inmates’ Forced Drinking of Arsenic-Laced Water
- Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Haris Hrle?