Under Secretary of Energy for Science: Who is Steven Koonin?
The choice of Steven E. Koonin, a longtime physics professor at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) and, since 2004, senior scientist for British Petroleum, to lead the Office of Science in the Department of Energy is viewed by those in the alternative energy field as a sign that President Barack Obama is serious about ramping up the nation’s production of biofuels. As the Undersecretary of Science, Koonin will oversee the running of the national laboratory system, which conducts scientific research into both civilian and military-related projects.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Director of the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office: Who Is L. Wayne Brasure?
- Delegated Director, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Who Is Kana Enomoto?
- For Donald Trump, the Honeymoon was Over Before It Even Began
- Acting Director of the Indian Health Service: Who Is Mary L. Smith?
- Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: Who Is Andrew Bindman?