Ambassador to Japan: Who is John Roos?
Until President Barack Obama announced John V. Roos to be the next ambassador to Japan, the assumption among many in the U.S. and Japan was that this posting would go to Harvard professor Joseph Nye, a specialist in international affairs. Instead, the job went to Roos, a Silicon Valley lawyer and one of Obama’s key fundraisers, who has no background in international diplomacy and does not speak Japanese.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Security Company Seeks Dismissal of Abu Ghraib Torture Charges because Victims were not Allowed to Leave Iraq
- 5 Biggest Banks Gain another Victory in Control of $700 Trillion Derivatives Market
- Is Living in the United States Bad for Your Health?
- Is FBI Running out of Time to Solve Civil Rights Era Cold Cases?
- Alabama City Told Traffic Camera Violators to Appeal to Non-Existent Court