Social Security Has a Surplus Not a Deficit
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) has taken exception to the popular notion that Social Security is going broke. In response to a recent Associated Press story, EPI’s Monique Morrissey pointed that the Congressional Budget Office—the source for AP’s dire account—has reported the trust fund for Social Security is actually still growing. It projects the fund to increase from $2.5 trillion this year to $3.8 trillion by 2020.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- California Doctors Will Have to Check Online Database Before Writing Opioid Prescriptions
- Controllers Will Begin Texting Pilots With Flight Information
- Checkpoint That Turned Up Eight Kilos of Cocaine Is Ruled Unconstitutional
- Labor Department Investigating Wells Fargo Worker Abuse
- Environmental Groups Criticize Changes to Endangered Species Act