Social Security Has a Surplus Not a Deficit
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) has taken exception to the popular notion that Social Security is going broke. In response to a recent Associated Press story, EPI’s Monique Morrissey pointed that the Congressional Budget Office—the source for AP’s dire account—has reported the trust fund for Social Security is actually still growing. It projects the fund to increase from $2.5 trillion this year to $3.8 trillion by 2020.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- World Trade Organization Overrules U.S. Country-of-Origin Rules for Meat Products
- EEOC Files Lawsuit against 10 Oil Companies for Paying Women less than Men for Same Work
- The $36 Million Marine Headquarters in Afghanistan that was never Used: Who Pocketed the Money?
- House Subcommittee Sets Off Alarms over Funding for Criminal Research and Statistics
- Advocates from Left and Right Agree: End ATF as an Independent Entity