Social Security Has a Surplus Not a Deficit
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) has taken exception to the popular notion that Social Security is going broke. In response to a recent Associated Press story, EPI’s Monique Morrissey pointed that the Congressional Budget Office—the source for AP’s dire account—has reported the trust fund for Social Security is actually still growing. It projects the fund to increase from $2.5 trillion this year to $3.8 trillion by 2020.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Republican Governors Outsource Prisons, Child Support Services, Jobs Agencies
- Alarming Rise in Temperatures in U.S.’s Northernmost Town
- Sex Offenders Run for Office in Minnesota
- U.S. Ambassador to Uzbekistan: Who Is Pamela Spratlen?
- U.S. Ambassador to Bahrain: Who Is William Roebuck?