Social Security Has a Surplus Not a Deficit
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) has taken exception to the popular notion that Social Security is going broke. In response to a recent Associated Press story, EPI’s Monique Morrissey pointed that the Congressional Budget Office—the source for AP’s dire account—has reported the trust fund for Social Security is actually still growing. It projects the fund to increase from $2.5 trillion this year to $3.8 trillion by 2020.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Another Way for Corporations to Avoid Paying Taxes
- Computers are Drivers, Says NHTSA in Boost to Self-Driving Auto Industry
- Supreme Court Hits Brakes on Obama’s Clean Power Plan
- After 15 Years, EPA Approves Cleanup Plan for Town Contaminated by Asbestos
- Battle Heats Up Over Encryption-Protected Smartphone Data