Social Security Has a Surplus Not a Deficit
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) has taken exception to the popular notion that Social Security is going broke. In response to a recent Associated Press story, EPI’s Monique Morrissey pointed that the Congressional Budget Office—the source for AP’s dire account—has reported the trust fund for Social Security is actually still growing. It projects the fund to increase from $2.5 trillion this year to $3.8 trillion by 2020.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Pentagon Revises Rules on Dealing With Journalists
- Guantánamo Defense Attorney Wants Tribunal Site Tested for Toxic Chemicals
- Woodstock Producers Say Republicans Stole Their Logo for Convention
- Justice Department Says Town Discriminated Against Muslims
- New York Solar Project Would Result in Destruction of 350 Acres of Trees