Social Security Has a Surplus Not a Deficit
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) has taken exception to the popular notion that Social Security is going broke. In response to a recent Associated Press story, EPI’s Monique Morrissey pointed that the Congressional Budget Office—the source for AP’s dire account—has reported the trust fund for Social Security is actually still growing. It projects the fund to increase from $2.5 trillion this year to $3.8 trillion by 2020.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Bank Customers’ Right to Sue Financial Institutions on Verge of Being Restored
- In Questionable Journalistic Move, NBC News Relocates Entire Evening Broadcast to Trump Tower
- Top Egyptian Official Blames “Tom and Jerry” Cartoons for Middle East Violence
- FDA Enacts New Rules to Keep E-Cigarettes Away from Kids
- Alabama House Passes Bill Halting Prosecutions of Pregnant Women Taking Prescription Drugs