Pentagon Fines KBR…Then Gives it a $2.8 Billion Contract
Accused of performing faulty electrical work that may have led to the deaths of American soldiers, defense contractor KBR should have no trouble making up for the $25 million it lost after the Department of Defense decided to withhold payment on certain awards because of the controversy. That’s because the day after the Pentagon in effect fined KBR, it chose to give the company another contract…with a potential worth of $2.8 billion.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Supreme Court Fails to Halt “Discriminatory” Texas Voter ID Law
- Obama Promotes Smart Guns and Expanded Sharing of Mental Health Records with Background Checks
- Texas Supreme Court Blocks Houston’s Clean Air Laws
- First Woman Appointed to Lead Warfighting Command
- Seattle’s Garbage-Searching Policy Ruled Unconstitutional