Pentagon Fines KBR…Then Gives it a $2.8 Billion Contract
Accused of performing faulty electrical work that may have led to the deaths of American soldiers, defense contractor KBR should have no trouble making up for the $25 million it lost after the Department of Defense decided to withhold payment on certain awards because of the controversy. That’s because the day after the Pentagon in effect fined KBR, it chose to give the company another contract…with a potential worth of $2.8 billion.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- As the Arctic Warms, Why is U.S. Falling behind Russia?
- Majority of Latinos Don’t Vote
- Many Fire Departments Spend more Time Tending to Homeless than Fighting Fires
- Workers at Nuclear Weapons Plant Vote to Strike
- Two-Thirds of Mass Shootings Take Place in Private Residences, not in Public