Pentagon Fines KBR…Then Gives it a $2.8 Billion Contract
Accused of performing faulty electrical work that may have led to the deaths of American soldiers, defense contractor KBR should have no trouble making up for the $25 million it lost after the Department of Defense decided to withhold payment on certain awards because of the controversy. That’s because the day after the Pentagon in effect fined KBR, it chose to give the company another contract…with a potential worth of $2.8 billion.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Border Patrol Sued for Killing a Picnicker in Mexico
- More than 800,000 Foreign Students in U.S.; Most Study Business, Science and Engineering
- Can You be Charged with Murdering Someone You Didn’t Kill?
- Belgium’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Johan Verbeke?
- Qatar’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Mohammed Jaham Al Kuwari?