Pentagon Fines KBR…Then Gives it a $2.8 Billion Contract
Accused of performing faulty electrical work that may have led to the deaths of American soldiers, defense contractor KBR should have no trouble making up for the $25 million it lost after the Department of Defense decided to withhold payment on certain awards because of the controversy. That’s because the day after the Pentagon in effect fined KBR, it chose to give the company another contract…with a potential worth of $2.8 billion.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Lowering Corporate Tax Rate Unlikely to Create More Jobs
- V.A. Doctors Renewed Opiate Painkillers for Patients They Never Saw
- Homeland Security Failed to Follow Its Own Cyber-Security Protections
- Civilian Afghan Deaths from U.S. Drone Strikes Continue to Build Hatred of U.S.
- Group Sues to Provide Legal Rights for Non-Humans