Pentagon Fines KBR…Then Gives it a $2.8 Billion Contract
Accused of performing faulty electrical work that may have led to the deaths of American soldiers, defense contractor KBR should have no trouble making up for the $25 million it lost after the Department of Defense decided to withhold payment on certain awards because of the controversy. That’s because the day after the Pentagon in effect fined KBR, it chose to give the company another contract…with a potential worth of $2.8 billion.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Justice Dept. Investigates Airline Price Fixing
- Defense Dept. Refuses to Release Report about Massacre of Civilians in Afghanistan
- Gun Ownership most Common in Alaska and Arkansas; Least Common in Delaware and Rhode Island; 29% Nationwide
- Federal Hate Crime Conviction Rate: 11%
- Federal Judge Overrules Hawaiian Vote against Monsanto GMO Crops