Main Reason for Dropping Out of College? Money
If President Barack Obama wants to increase the number of college graduates in order to make the United States more competitive internationally, he will have to find ways to make financial assistance more available. A new study from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation shows the biggest reason why students drop out of college is not because they’re lazy or uninterested in higher learning—it’s because they need money for survival. Increasingly, students are working while trying to attend two- or four-year colleges, and for many they simply can’t do both and finish their degrees.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Scientists Denying Human-Caused Climate Change Fade from Existence…Except in the Media
- How the Obama Administration Charged 3 Pacifists with Violent Acts of Sabotage
- Worst Overcharging Hospital in U.S.
- Attorney Argues Georgia Should Ignore Federal Judge in California Because State Has Gay Marriage
- United States Trade Representative: Who Is Michael Froman?