Lieberman Statement Sends Health Insurance Stocks Up
Holiday treats came early this year for the health insurance industry—not from Santa Claus but from U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT). The stock prices of major insurers rose on Monday after Lieberman threatened to join Republicans and delay consideration of healthcare reform legislation until the New Year. Lieberman said he opposes a plan to allow Americans aged 55 and older to buy into Medicare coverage.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- FCC Votes 3-2 to Make Internet a Utility and Block State Laws Limiting Municipal Internet Services
- Prisons Increase Profits by Replacing In-Person Family Visits with Video Screens
- 24 Companies with more than $1 Billion Each in Homeland Security Contracts
- Dramatic Rise in Suicide Rate for Americans 40-64, but not for other Age Groups
- Ranchers Blame National Guard Explosives Exercise for Wildfire