Lieberman Statement Sends Health Insurance Stocks Up
Holiday treats came early this year for the health insurance industry—not from Santa Claus but from U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT). The stock prices of major insurers rose on Monday after Lieberman threatened to join Republicans and delay consideration of healthcare reform legislation until the New Year. Lieberman said he opposes a plan to allow Americans aged 55 and older to buy into Medicare coverage.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Are Large-Scale Worker Strikes in U.S. a Thing of the Past?
- U.S. Special Forces Operate in more than 80 Countries
- Is Facebook’s Internet.org the Anti-Net Neutrality in Action?
- City and State Pension Funds Pay Billions in Undisclosed Fees to Private Equity Companies
- Menominee County, Wisconsin is the Binge Drinking Capital of the United States