Lieberman Statement Sends Health Insurance Stocks Up
Holiday treats came early this year for the health insurance industry—not from Santa Claus but from U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT). The stock prices of major insurers rose on Monday after Lieberman threatened to join Republicans and delay consideration of healthcare reform legislation until the New Year. Lieberman said he opposes a plan to allow Americans aged 55 and older to buy into Medicare coverage.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Health Insurers Do End Run around Requirement to Cover Pre-Existing Conditions
- Jewish Groups Pay to Send U.S. Police to Train in Israel
- House Votes to Block Easy Disclosure of Corporate Financial Statements
- Increased Purchases of Guns Ends up Funding Wildlife Research…and Shooting Ranges
- Nation’s Worst Cancer Doctor Pleads Guilty to Medicare Fraud