Half of USDA Farm Subsidy Dollars Go to Just 4% of Farms
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) does not spread the wealth when it comes to farm subsidies. In fact, from the mid-1990s to the middle of this decade, just over half of all subsidies were distributed to a mere 4% of all recipients, according to USDA data compiled by the Environmental Working Group. The amount given to this small crop of farmers was almost $90 billion.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Whistleblower Jeffrey Sterling Convicted
- Pennsylvania Fracking Companies Flaunt Environmental Rules and Regulations…Every Day
- HUD Official Worked for Government and Housing Industry at the Same Time…Beyond the Revolving Door
- Half of Prisoners Cleared after being Wrongly Convicted are African-American
- Army Major who Oversaw Sexual Assault Cases Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Rape